• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • talkmobile and mobiles.co.uk any good?
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

I’m gutted because didn’t realise offer on desire s with O2 expired today and now they want a £105 for the handset when just 24 hours ago it was fre :'(

anyway both sites have great deals, anyone encountered any issues with them?

mau00149
    Free Member

would be interested to hear if anyone had any reviews of the online phone sites as well 🙂

alexonabike

Aviod mobiles.co.uk. I read reviews online and thought ‘Hey, people only write reviews if they have a bad experience, so many people must have been fine’. They messed me around too and even though they are the same company as carphone warehouse, the high street shops wont admit this or help you out.

Beware

fontmoss
    Free Member

*gulp*

doesn’t sound good 🙁 maybe i’ll go through carphone warehouse but pick up a talk mobile contract

dooosuk
    Free Member

Aviod mobiles.co.uk. I read reviews online and thought ‘Hey, people only write reviews if they have a bad experience, so many people must have been fine’. They messed me around too and even though they are the same company as carphone warehouse, the high street shops wont admit this or help you out.

Beware

Rubbish. I got a Nokia from Mobiles.co.uk…after 14mths the bluetooth stopped working. Popped it into Carphonewarehouse in Manchester City Centre and they sent it away for a free of charge repair, no questions asked. I didn’t even need proof of purchase. They just looked up the IMEI on their system and it brought up all my details from my mobiles.co.uk purchase.

Also, I’m on a 2yr contract with line rental redemption. Been paid quickly each time I’ve submitted the online bill via email. Cheque just got emailed out and the one time things went wrong (I moved house and the cheque went to my old property) they just cancelled the cheque and issued a new one without any problems.

Based on my experience as a customer of mobiles.co.uk…I’d recommended them…and no I don’t work for them…or CPW.

takisawa2

I’ve used mobiles.co.uk a couple of times & the service was spot on. Phone arrived next day, all set-up with no fuss whatsoever. Will certainly use them again.

fbk
    Free Member

mobiles.co.uk was the source of nearly 6 months of stress and hassle for me.

Unless they’ve suddenly improved in the past 2 years I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole. Or CarPhoneWarehouse for that matter.

The problem is, you buy the phone from the mobiles.co.uk who then don’t want anything to do with you. My brand new SE phone died 30 days into an 18month contract. Because mobiles.co.uk have a 28 day warranty, they weren’t interested and told me to go to my local CPW shop instead. Because I hand’t bought the phone directly from them, they wouldn’t sort it direct and had to send the phone back to their central office. It took the latter just over 5 months to finally sort the problem, during which time I was stuck with a very old mobile and was unable to use many of the included features of my contract.

I’m sure the lucky ones who don’t have any problems do get a bargain (and I’m all for a bargain) but it’s not worth the risk ….imho.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Maybe they’ve got their act together then…I’m 18mths into my 24mth contract. Or maybe Nokia have a better service centre then SE…I can’t see why it would take 5mths to turn a phone around.

I agree CPW aren’t likely to give you a new one off the shelf and they will have to send it away…but this all happened within 2 weeks for my repair and they/Nokia even put a new case on it so the phone looked like new again.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

Mobiles.co.uk were fine for me, also got £50 cashback through Quidco

fbk
    Free Member

dooosuk – The problem wasn’t really with the service centres. In hind sight I should’ve just sent the phone back to SE.

My problem was with the complete lack of service, arrogance and often blatant rudeness of the call centre staff/managers. It’s not worth going through the ins & outs but I had months of the worst service I’ve ever received with delays, stalling and even blatant lies. Even the local CPW staff couldn’t justify their central staff & policies and were just left apologising repeatedly every time I went in.

They are probably the only company I won’t ever go anywhere near ever again

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘talkmobile and mobiles.co.uk any good?’ is closed to new replies.