• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by tlr.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Talk to me about Volvo v70 & Saab 95 estates
  • breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Thinking of changing the Passat estate – ‘cos were racking up some mileage on it – one of the many things I like about it is the amount of space there is – including the fact that I can get the yeti in the back (in a Planet X bike bag) in the back with all the luggage for a weeks hols and 2 teenage daughters still have plenty of room
    So were thinking of changing to a Volvo or Saab – anybody got any experience of these – thoughts etc

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Get an Aero 95…

😉

hora
    Free Member

Subaru Legacy 2.5

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Would love an Aero 264bhp whooo (depends on what deal I can get though)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

V70 = bombproof, huge boot, superb seats, excellent stereo etc. etc.

Very happy with mine!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Never driven the Aero but my father-in-law had one for a while so been a passenger many times (he's a racing driver so likes to go quick 😉 – quite stunning 30-80 acceleration. Apparently quicker at than some Porches etc.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

go check the size of the boot yourself. We found that they aint as big as older cars were. The V70 is nice, but so is the SAAB. Go test drive…

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Planning to get a test drive & do some measuring – especially as a lot of cars come in from the ‘waist’ line (Audi for example) – The bike bag only just goes in the Passat with all the cases etc & that by folding the corners to get it through the door way

tlr

V70R here. Not quite the RS6 I'd like, but still pretty useful. 3 bikes in the boot (wheels and frames all stood up vertically) so all the seats still useable. 300bhp and occasionally 30+mpg (might be a bit less sometimes too….). Comfy seats, decent stereo and pretty stealth so nobody notices you.

Downsides are stiff suspension and hilariously bad turning circle. Not exactly involving to drive, it ain't no Elise.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about Volvo v70 & Saab 95 estates’ is closed to new replies.