Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Talk to me about the Scandal 29er
  • Bimbler
    Free Member

Thinking of getting a 29er as my main (only?) bike. Like the look and value of the Scandal. What does the collective think? Also what size for me, I'm 6'1 so not sure whether to go for the 18" or 19.5".

markenduro
    Free Member

I'm 5'11 with 32" legs, got an 18" and it fits brilliantly, you might get away with either the 18 or 19.5.
    Fantastic bike, they ride really well and build into a nice light bike which will stand up to most things normal riders will throw at them. Good for all day comfort, the feel is very similar to the steel on-one with less weight.
    I'd buy another, do I need to say any more?

jfeb
    Free Member

I'm 6'3" with a 19.5" Scandal 29er. With a 90mm stem it seems spot on. Unless you want to run a really short stem I suspect an 18" would be best for you.

I think they are great bikes. Nice and light. Seem pretty strong – usual XC stuff, small drops, although I haven't taken mine anywhere rocky. No / not much less comfortable than the 26er Tinbred I had before it. I think they are hard to beat for the price although I still fancy a Swift or Sir9 (would have to be 2nd hand though!) at some point.

You are welcome to try mine for size if you happen to be in the Herts or Berks area.

roach

I'm the same height as you and my 18" 29er should be delivered any day now. I'm going with the carbon rigids to save weight.

Michael-B
    Free Member

Just ordered a Ti 29er at that price I couldn’t say no! 😆

snakester
    Free Member

Just got in from riding mine, love it!. I have carbon rigids on mine and a nice ride. Same as jfeb, 6'3" 90mm stem….spot on.

TooTall
    Free Member

its great. Buy one. You'll love it.

jfeb
    Free Member

That flippin' Ti29er deal is almost enough to part me from my Scandal though. Almost.

snakester
    Free Member

yes it is tempting isn't it!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about the Scandal 29er’ is closed to new replies.