Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Talk to me about Tempur Mattresses
  • Daffy

Anyone have/had one?

Verdict on said sleep tool?

MrNutt
    Free Member

have the pillows, I like them 🙂

I did hear the mattresses can get a bit sweaty?

oddjob
    Free Member

We just got a tempur matress and love it. I was worried about it being hot, but we were flogged a TemraKon down mattress topper which stops you getting hot (google it). My mum also has one without the temprakon thing and they do find it a bit hot

We got it after I had a slipped disc in the summer and I find it really comfortable

z1ppy

There **** expensive!

My g/f and I both suffer from bad backs, nothing horrendous, just not right. My chiropractor basically said don’t come back till you sort your bed out, as I was wasting my money if the bed undid all her treatment. So we trapsed off and spent several (boring) hours trying all the beds out we could find, pocket-sprung, memory phone layers, 100 spring.. etc, etc
    The only one’s we got on and ‘just’ thought yes, that’s comfortable, was the tempurs ones.
    We bought the top one in the shop (you could buy a bike for that!), waited an extremely long 2 weeks, and have slept like babies ever since. We got a 40 day, no quibble, return option too – so that did give us a small amount of piece of mind.

I get a full uninterrupted nights sleep now, and have yet to visit my chiropractor since. I’m not suggesting it will cure you back problems, but ours was amplified by our not very old ‘cheaper’ matress.

Sleeping in it’s a bit weird at first as you get in and it molds to you, then if you try to turn, you have to fight to get out of the hole you’ve created. They do spring back to shape very quickly, but that rebound bounce you used to get on sprung matresses, is just not there. I’ve not found it to be hot to sleep in, this is one of the things ppl warn you about.

We reckon that if it last the 10 years they guarantee it for, it’ll be worth the money. After all you spend more time sleeping, than any other one activity, why skimp on your bed?

jonb
    Free Member

I’ve got one but not slept on it yet as. The only thing I know is that it is vey comfortable to lie on and flippin expensive (super king).

z1ppy

be-jesus, you could afford the super king? Your a rich man that for sure (or up to your eye balls in credit!)

MrNutt
    Free Member

perhaps its for his staff/dog?

z1ppy

Well I know our cats & dog love ours, & it definitely gets the George seal of approval.

sofaking
    Free Member

we’ve had one for a couple of months and love it. not found it too hot either 😕

sweepy
    Free Member

Bloody horrible, hot and sweaty, and I wonder where all that sweat ends up. I sleep on an airbed, rather than that thing.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

We’ve a memory foam topper on our matress which made it a lot more comfortable. When we come to replace it I’ll be arguing for a memory foam matress.

I’ve found Tempur immensely comfortable – even with smashed up ribs from ski-ing. I’ve wondered for a while how you judge the quality of the imitators (as i’m sure Tempur itself is overpriced). Some interesting stuff on it here

Houns

Two items you should always spend money on, your shoes and your bed, if you’re not in one you’re in the other

fadda

They make my back hurt…

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Saves the knees getting sore.

busydog
    Free Member

Had one for 4 years now and wouldn’t have anything else. We went through about 6 different mattresses before trying it and best sleep I have ever had. No problem with it being hot, but we do have a lamb-wool mattress pad on top of it which would alleviate that I suppose.
    Expensive, but well worth it IMHO.

DaveGr
    Free Member

Have a memory foam mattress though not a Tempur – everyone who’s slept on it says how comfortable it is. Though one friend prefers latex to memory foam (I kid you not).

Just got this link the other day – can’t remember if I bought mine via them so can’t say whether it’s a good deal or not but maybe worth a look … link

jahwomble
    Free Member

Tempur are memory foam, “tempur” is just a brand name. You can get less well known brand memory foam mattresses for a lot less than the Tempur ones.

I’ve got one and It’s the best bed I’ve ever had,ours came from Sleepmasters and was about half the price of the equivalent Tempur one.The flat it’s in is really quite warm and I dont get any problems with being too hot, but it’s only got about a 4 tog quilt on it in winter.The pillows are pretty good as well.

steveb

Me and GF have been trying matresses for new kingsize bed. Dont like the dead feel off the all memory foam ones, so our favourite was a pocket spring plus zoned mem foam. Soft but with just a bit of bounce and life.
    Will be ordering as soon as i get the time to visit the shop.
    Best fun was embarassing the sales assistants when testing for roll-together 😉 😈

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Likewise we’ve had one with the pillows for 4 years now. Comfiest bed we’ve ever had and will probably buy another when it wears out.

nockmeister
    Free Member

Very comfy, but too hot for me…oh and very different for sh*gging on.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Had one for ten years now, wasn’t expensive when we bought it! Amazing to go to sleep on, never too warm for us and lasting exceptionally well. Wife loves it, but it is so comfy that you do not move much in your sleep, unlike many other beds, so if you need to move in the night (whilst asleep) to keep your back mobile a pocket mattress may be better.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

My brother has a branded Tempur mattress, and my dad who has used the bed when baby sitting says it is the most comfy bed he has ever slept in – thats with a chronic bad back, discetomy & being 72 years old!

We’re just getting rid of a memory foam topped mattress – useless, and have bought a Sealey mattress. Not cheap, but seems much better than what we had.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Perfectly timed thread!

I’ve had a wee look online and not found much, but wished to know of any resource which allows comparison of different brand memory-foam mattresses, and even sub-types within brands, such as 5cm top layers, or 7cm and so on.
    Fact is, I need a new one – and soon!
    Can’t delay much longer, but pissing about trying to make my mind up. It’s not easy as these items are not so convenient to return or to keep changing until one feels just right.
    However, there are worse problems to have in life, so I’ll just MTFU and take my chance.

Anyone rate Komfi mattresses at all?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about Tempur Mattresses’ is closed to new replies.