Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Talk to me about salads!
  • chvck
    Free Member

Basically, as the title says! Ideas for tasty (and cheap!) salads please!

Thrilling topic for a Saturday night, I know.

saladdodger
    Free Member

I guess i am the wrong person for this subject 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Cant beat a good salad. I eat them almost everyday since the locals butchers makes a cracking one.

Loads of fresh lettuce, tomato, cucumber, peppers, red onions, eggs and a big piece of meat. All your essentials in one meal.

druidh
    Free Member

I like the Specialized BG ones – but get your arse measured first.

EDIT: Oh – SALADs

crispo
    Free Member
    lister

Aldi marinated artichokes, olives and peppers make salad life good, and fresh grated parmesan too.

john_drummer
    Free Member

salads are for slugs

brooess
    Free Member

Spinach is more filling, tasty and nutritious than lettuce and those bags of leaves you can get.
    Worth buying good quality olive oil and balsamic for a dressing – then anything tastes good.
    Adding cheese, meat, eggs, fruit etc and you can get some really interesting and damn healthy meals out of a salad

gingerss
    Free Member

Loads of fresh lettuce

Lettuce is a con! Do you know how much you have to eat to get one of your ‘5 a day’?

Spinach FTW, (with maybe rocket, watercress, lambs lettuce etc). Popeye ate it and I bet he was quick on a bike.

petefromearth

Thinly sliced fennel with bits of orange. Sounds crazy but delicious, works really well with fish e.g. pan fried mackerel

Haze

Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, brazil nuts et.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ll tell you about salad.

It’s what food eats.

wallop

If you want to add flavour, moisture and bulk to your salad without the calories of dressing, a grated raw courgette is a fabulous addition, nom.

samuri
    Free Member

Get some oil in there, salt and pepper is essential. Some substance helps. Like pasta, tuna or salmon. I find the more kick you have the better too so make sure there’s a bit of chopped chilli or onion/spring onion stuck in.

Add a snatch of vinegar.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Some nice leaves with french dressing, a few hot peppadew ripped & scattered over, coarse grating of stilton, toast some walnut halves in a frying pan and scatter these over too and finally, a drizzle of honey. Delish.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Pine nuts, kalamata olives, truffle infused olive oil. Bit of pasta, baby plum tomatoes, spinach, soya beans cooked and rinsed in cool water. Add meat/eggs/cheese and off you go.

Newman’s maple and mustard salad dressing is delicious for a cheap quick bagged salad.

kayak23

Olives, rocket, sun-dried tomatoes, toasted seeds and chunks of haloumi cheese. Gurt lush.

Aidan
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM6xVQwIOYQ[/video]

geologist
    Free Member

I got me missus Hugh Fernley Whittingstalls new veg cookbook.

Loads of great salads in there (and im a carnivore).

chvck
    Free Member

Cheers all, plenty of good ideas!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about salads!’ is closed to new replies.