Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Talk to me about PF30 adaptors
  • johnikgriff
    Free Member

i thought I knew about bottom brackets, now I realise there have been more changes recently than I thought…..

My issue revolves around I appear to have a warranty issue with my YT Jeffsy crankset which is a Raceface Next SL, the drive crank arm has become lose, this appears to be an issue with them.

But I digress, crank needs to go back to YT and I’d like to still ride my bike during what appears maybe a lengthy return time (another story). Anyway I have a Shinano XT crank in a parts draw (HT II) and having had a quick read, it “appeared” I could just order an adaptor kit for the PF30 and put it on. So I ordered a Wheels Manufacturing BB30 to 24mm adaptor which arrived today.

Looked like the right thing, but up on installing it I found the crank is way to short and doesn’t reach the other side. Reading closer (better late than never) it mentions not being comparable newer wide BB’s….

Now the more I read the more I’m getting confused, can someone please tell me what I need to install my XT crank? I think a Praxis one would do the job, but there seems to be a bit of choice…..:.

rone

Praxis are great, do the job. GF’s has been on her czar for 5000miles with a couple of bearing changes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about PF30 adaptors’ is closed to new replies.