Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Talk to me about Mac Minis.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Is there a reason not to buy one?

Where is the best place to get one?

Cheers,
    SBZ.

IA

Best place – apple.procureweb.ac.uk if you have access (discount, and 3yr warranty as standard.)

Reason against – base spec iMac is better value, unless you already have a decent big monitor. Even then it’s dubious…

Depends what you want it for too, if HDD space isn’t so important, but performance is, i’d be looking at Airs.

EDIT: best place if you want a cheap one is me, 😉 My GF is selling hers soon. Older core2 duo 1.8/2gb/160gb one. If that’s of interest let me know…

gee
    Free Member

No CD/DVD drive which would put me off the newer ones.

GB

IA

No CD/DVD drive which would put me off the newer ones.

Optical media, how quaint!

spacemonkey

Ebay have a fair few most of the time. I am in no way a Mac aficionado, but picked up my MBP and Mini off there for a bargain. Both were upgraded and came with loads of other kit.

My Mini is an 09 that I picked up last year for around £300 (inc magic mouse, another kb, extra 2Gb and some other bits). Mint condition and does everything I need.

And the MBP was £2k of stuff that I got for £650. 18 months old too. Bargain.

Depends what you need it for though …

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I must admit I looked at them briefly, before buying my iMac. The iMac was just better value, and a far neater package.

epicyclo

My daughter has had one for several years. Nothing to report.

It just works.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

– no optical drive
    – does it have enough ports for your peripherals?
    – adding on the cost of a monitor as good as that on the iMac makes it poor value

…or at least they were the reasons I gave myself for getting an iMac instead of a Mini 🙂

the-muffin-man

Optical media, how quaint!

Aye – until you want to RIP a CD to iTunes!

Having said that there are 3 older Mac Minis in our family and they all work very well. No issues with any of them.

IA

Aye – until you want to RIP a CD to iTunes!

And when I do (i use an external, CD drive in my MBP is replaced with a HDD) i curse the noisy, slow, bulky, unreliable nature of optical media. Or just buy on iTunes in the first place.

saxabar
    Free Member

Use one with my TV and as a DVD player. Runs quiet. Not much else to report.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about Mac Minis.’ is closed to new replies.