Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Talk to me about Hamsters, please
  • lagerfanny
    Free Member

<sigh>
    brought home 'Charlie' Wednesday evening, really active, bright and happy. Left him quietly to settle in. Slept all day Thursday, then he played all night. (placed cage in a room so as not to be found by our daughter)
    Yesterday morning our little girl (on her 5th Birthday) came down stairs all excited to see him but typically he was sleeping. He didn't appear till around 19.30 and was still tired and letharic. A quick google of 'hamster health' now reveals he probably has 'wet tail' so will be ringing the shop this morning to find which vet they use.
    <sigh>

petefromearth

one of my housemates at uni had a hamster. it would regularly escape and somehow end up in a box of frosties or something!

then one weekend when my friend was away … the hamster died. not just asleep, proper 'stiff as a board' dead

in true student fashion we all avoided the disposal bit (very similar to washing up avoidance)

2 days later – no kidding – he was ALIVE again!! running in his wheel. he kept going for about another week!

true story 🙂

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Well after being checked over it appears Charlie's overheated. The shop is happy that he does not have wet tail. Phew, panic over…………………………………for now 😉

alwyn
    Free Member

My hampster escaped, we found him in the piano, he was 14.

Rich
    Free Member

We have Roborovskis now. They are tiny any really sociable so it is nice to have 2 to keep each other company.

We used to have a Syrian but he was unsociable and used to bite whenever he had the chance.

They only live about 2 years which goes too quickly!

konabunny
    Free Member

If they don't build bridges beyond their Gaza support base, I don't think they'll ever see an independent Palestine.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The Hamas Hamsters are busy building a network of tunnels beyond those in Gaza.

It's just a matter of time before Palestinian Hamsters are free.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Sat here reading STW and Charlie is running around in his home like crazy!
    He looks completely better and a different animal from Friday. Here's a pic from earlier today whilst I was cleaning out his cage,

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Me and my little girl was watching Charlie play happily before school this morning, then 20 mins after I arrived at work the Mrs rang me to say he'd died!

FFS

Thought he'd live longer than 3 weeks

FFS

mhailo
    Free Member

Had a Syrian one last year, bloody things! Woke up about when I went to sleep, woke me up everynight, during the day was awake for about 20mins max. They are good at making nests though.

Get a gerbil or rat!

antigee

Thought he'd live longer than 3 weeks

the white hair might have been a hint – how old was it when you got it?

hope the little one is ok

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Was told he was about 8 weeks old when I picked him up.

Anyway our daughter had a little sniff and said she'll miss him. Truth be told mum & dad where more upset.

So the latest is I brought home Lola tonight and she's altogether different. Way more friendly, easy to handle & very active in her cage. So we're all feeling happier. How does the loss of a little hamster make you feel crappy all day?

Here's hoping to a happy healthier pet.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about Hamsters, please’ is closed to new replies.