Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Talk to me about folding bikes with 26" or 700c wheels
  • Dickyboy

Friend of mine is thinking of getting one – mainly for long distance commuting & road riding in the alps as he works/travels to & from London & Geneva. Only one I can think of is the Slingshot foldtec from On One built up as a hybrid – any other ones out there & available?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

dahon

Dickyboy

Thanks – didn’t realise they made bigger wheeled versions, anyone know if their hybrids are any good?

finnegan
    Free Member

I’ve ridden a few thousand miles on a Dahon Cadenza, the old one with the big hinge and lever in the middle, not the good looking new one with the clever ‘lockjaw’ (I think) folding mechanism.

With Mary bars and single-speeded (White Ind ENO eccentric) it’s fine – not offputtingly flexible, light enough to lug around, not fragile, reasonable riding position.

Very easy to fold, but still quite big when folded – no good for v crowded trains, which is why I haven’t ridden it for a year or so. Hurrah for increasingly busy public transport.

tinribz
    Free Member

How about something like this? http://sandsmachine.com/a_if_m1.htm

Would imagine some UK frame builders might put them on third party steel frames for a price?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about folding bikes with 26" or 700c wheels’ is closed to new replies.