Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Talk to me about Dremel….
  • Daffy

I’m about to take the plunge on a Dremel, but was wondering whether to go cordless or not?

Which is the better kit etc?

Cheers Ears,

M.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Cordless.

And Dremel the crap out of everything in sight…

captaindanger

Yeah cordless, so much less faff, you just pick it up and dremel away!

Kevevs
    Free Member

All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day with a Dremel! A day with a Dremel is like a day on the farm. Every meal’s a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the Dremel!

cozz
    Free Member

nope cordless ones are rubbish – get the corded, better for prolonged use

i still burn them out- on my 3rd

the black and decker multitool has been getting good reviews, I know someone else who uses dremmels at work and they have a bin full of dead ones, switched to black and deckers and having less issues

Daffy

😀 keeves.

Hmmmm

2:1 in favour of cordless so far.

trout
    Free Member

I have a dead dremel too just after warranty ran out

might try the B&D next

Smarty
    Free Member

I bought a cheapo demel type, cordless, loads of accessories from Aldi….15 quid

It’s never missed a beat and still going strong after 2 years.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

nope cordless ones are rubbish – get the corded, better for prolonged use

Listen to this for it is Wisdom.

Cordless power tools, unless very spensive, are generally crap. Work ok first 2 or 3 times, then the batteries start dying and then they take ages to charge and give 2 minutes use.

Plus, 240v V 18v or whatever? No contest.

I had a budget B+Q Dremel type thing. Recently burnt it out, but it’s seen plenty of service. Was about £15 with loads of attachments.

Dremel is a ‘premium’ braynd, and you’ll pay a premium price. Good, but worth the 3-4x extra? Not sure about that.

The tool type is very handy though, for all sorts of little things.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You know you want to……
    Dremel meets CD = lots of mess

Northwind

Corded but with the snake thing, best of both worlds. These old ones can be had cheap, mine was £40 because it’s the old analogue controller, which makes no diffence at all but is less cool.

I’ve had cheaper ones and they were all OK… The Aldi one didn’t last well though. One of the other cheapies I had wouldn’t take standard tools which is pretty useless

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

+1 for Aldi cheapie.

onandon
    Free Member

I’ve had a few non Dremel ,Dremels and they have all been shite.( or burnt out very quickly)
    Go for a Dremel,Dremel li-on cordless version, mucho good.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Makita die grinder here. Mmmwwhhahaha.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Corded for all power tools even small ones, unless you use them all the time, as they are never charged up when you want them.

Focus had a cheap proper Dremel last week, thirty something quid with an okay selection of bits. Only a slider for speed control, not the fancy digital display, but seems to work just as well as the expensive one at work.

onandon
    Free Member

thats the idea of the li-on battery, they don’t drain as quick when not used for a while. works pretty well 🙂

lodious
    Free Member

I bought one last week. I have to say, i’m pretty unimpressed. It’s damm near impossible to work out that the supplied accessories do until you get it home. The design of the blow moulded case is hopeless, so it takes longer to close the case than do the job (the plug is supposed to be held in the lid, but it is designed for 2 pin sockets so it won’t stay put when you close it), the accessory’s are bloomin expensive.

If I had my time again, i’d have bought the cheapo draper copy for £27 quid.

allthepies
    Free Member

, so it takes longer to close the case than do the job

Operator fail.

DrP

I’m still spinning a cheapo Woolworth’s copy, that was £15 several years ago. never missed a beat!
    I got some diamond (possibly) discs – were about a tenner for 5, but last so much longer (read infinitely longer…) than the black biscuits that seemed to just glow red then explode….

DrP

IanMunro
    Free Member

What ever you chose what you want some nice tungsten carbide burrs so that you can look forward to trying to remove invisible splinters from your fingers 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

No suggestions on tools, but I’ll second the suggestion for diamond cutting discs – available for a few quid on ebay and totally ace – like a knife through butter on most stuff. Use them to sharpen my rollerski tips, a job which used to take 10+ minutes with a grinding wheel, but <1 minute with a diamond disc.

jamest
    Free Member

Diamond cutter fnar

Cougar

All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day with a Dremel! A day with a Dremel is like a day on the farm. Every meal’s a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the Dremel!

Want me to fetch your slippers for you, Hudson?

I bought one last week. I have to say, i’m pretty unimpressed

Seems you’re unimpressed with everything except the Dremel itself?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about Dremel….’ is closed to new replies.