Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • talk to me about cheap chinese brake discs on ebay
  • adrec
    Free Member

Anyone ever bought them? They’re only going on a bit of a hack bike. We’re talking less than a fiver for two brake discs, plus some import tax at the post office, I guess a couple of quid max

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Seriously? You are thinking of having the words ‘cheap’ and ‘chienese’ in the same sentence as ‘brakes’

The economy may be in the crapper but surely you prefer all your limbs unbroken?

adrec
    Free Member

They’re only the discs. And like I said, they’re going on a hack, not on a dh monster on a trip to the alps

cynic-al
    Free Member

SH ones are so cheap, I wouldn’t risk it.

I tried to ebay a new avid recently and couldn’t get £5 for it.

adrec
    Free Member

I bought a couple of sh ones, but they’ve got a bit of a wobble in them I can’t get out, so not keen on buying another set with potentially the same issue

winston_dog
    Free Member

Merlin are doing avid ones for a tenner.

Baznav
    Free Member

Merlin are doing Chinese avid ones for a tenner, who would know. 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

links?

adrec
    Free Member

They’re the ones I was looking at. You’ll have to pay some sort if import duty on them at the post office, but it’ll probably be about 20-30%. Let us know how you get on.

popstar
    Free Member

If your parcel gets stopped to pay duty etc, then post office will charge £7 handling fee + tax. Happened to me once, paid £12 extra on £40 purchase from Amazon Japan.

booktownman
    Free Member

Don’t superstar do them for about £8?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Not over £15 no duty

adrec
    Free Member

Yer they do. Anyone tried them?

booktownman
    Free Member

@Adrec – yes, they’re fine. There’s not much to go wrong really! At that price, I couldn’t be arsed with importing from China. I think CRC are doing Deore ones for about £8 as well.

aracer
    Free Member

Where do you think the branded ones are made? I thought we’d had this discussion by now – in general there’s not much wrong with a lot of stuff from China, and it’s hardly rocket science to cut a bit of steel.

cynic-al
    Free Member

At the same time aracer, corners can be cut eg cheap steel, without a brand name behind it I can see why folk don’t risk it.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Just because the ones on Ebay have “Avid” written on them doesn’t mean they been made to Avid spec!

Fake goods for sale on Ebay shocker!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘talk to me about cheap chinese brake discs on ebay’ is closed to new replies.