Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • talk to me (!?) about charge juicer road bikes.
  • racefaceec90

have been wanting a road bike for a fair few years now (say 15+ years).have never got around to saving for one though.
    since seeing that pic for the new 2013 juicer hi bike (the lovely purple one) am almost decided on saving towards one (after i have finished paying off my bmx in november 😉
    just wondering what owners think of theirs?
    also would quite like to do some c/x on it also (i know it isn’t a proper c/x bike,but i reckon it will do it as it’s steel 😉

p.s for anyone interested they will be released beginning of october for £1199.99 (asked charge when they would start to sell them).it will go great with my duster.thanks 🙂

Bregante

Never ridden one but it came out very well in a steel framed bikes grouptest in this months Cycling Plus, finishing joint top with a £2700 Condor!

mumboman
    Free Member

If you haven’t bought one, get one, I have a 2011 mid with Tiagra, I upgraded the wheels to ultegra’s, saddle to brooks, and swiss stop brake pads, bought it on sale in spring of 2012 on sale and put 3500 km on it commuting and on wet days for training rides because of the fenders. It won’t suit you for cx as the brakes have little clearance for mud, but all in all I’d buy it all over again.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve seen cheaper Charge bikes, I wouldn’t let a mate buy them, quality is shite.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

From what I’ve seen of Charge bikes, there seems to be a massive emphasis on trying to make them look good and less emphasis on actually making them good. Never actually seen a single person riding one though but judging by the number that pop up on here propped up against fences in peoples gardens, Charge are obviously doing something right.

mumboman
    Free Member

I bought the bike for about 650 euro, and a tiagra groupset is maybe a 100 less so with the rest of the parts the frame was less than free. I was originally thinking to order another frame if I didn’t like the ride and swap the parts over. The bike though is a pretty decent ride. Swapping wheels made it more than decent and as a commuter you don’t worry about getting it nicked so much. I could ride my 5000 euro road machine or 3000 euro mountain bike to work but I’d have a damn stroke if they weren’t there when I walked out. It is what it is a decent steel all around ride, with good looks. It will take you 20km a day to work if you want or you can ride it 120 on a wet weekend and keep some body parts dry. I at one time used a surly lht for the same purpose but it’s much better for it’s intended purpose of touring and the charge juicer does the commuting and wet rides.

dmoffitt90
    Free Member

I picked up a second hand 2011 mid with the tiagra groupset aswell.

Its been my first road bike and its been absolutely brilliant, I find the frame very comfortable and have managed commuting and longer runs on it no problem.

Would reccomend it to anyone but worth making sure its the correct size as the large has got smaller for 2012-2013 as its now 56cm whereas my frame is a 58.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘talk to me (!?) about charge juicer road bikes.’ is closed to new replies.