• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Talk to me about… camera mounts
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

So, I’m looking at options for camera mounts. GoPro mounts most likely. I’ve actually got a VIRB but it comes with an adapter for GoPro mounts and I suspect the most options are there.

This is really just a toy to play with and see what I can do really, so will be experimenting with different things but need some decent mounts to get going. I’ve got basics in the box which involve a sticky pad to attach to helmet, but I’m guessing I don’t want to be relying on those to not fall off.

Looks like nice are things like K-Edge for mounts on the bike. I may try that route, but I’m aware of the shake issues on the bike.

Chest mount is not an option with a VIRB due to the design, but then I’m not a fan of chest mount videos anyway, plus having crashed on my chest before it’s painful enough without getting a camera shoved into it.

Helmet though, I’m not sure on the best way to attach. I’ve got a couple of vented helmets, though may be get a less vented one for that “Enduro” look 😀 . I’ve also got a full face with little in the way of vents. Likewise I want to use it skiing and my helmet there has few holes to stick things through.

The VIRB does have an interesting option for a shoulder harness. Predator style! 😀 Though seen some videos where the chin is in shot doing that.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about… camera mounts’ is closed to new replies.