Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Talk to me about… Binoculars
  • verses

I’m toying with asking Santa for a set of binoculars, but I know next to nothing about what’s what with them. I’ve been reading the RSPB site to get a feel for what to look out for but does anyone here have any recommendations?

My top criteria is that they’re pocketable and I mainly want to use them for seeing what’s on the feeder at the other end of the garden and for noseying at nature when out and about.

I’ve spotted these on the RSPB shop but is there anything better for the money or similar quality for less money?

Cheers,

V

verses
    redthunder
    Free Member

I’ve got small pair Aldi years ago and they have been great.

Also, got Traveller scope from aldi also very good for the money.

Used it for owl spotting yesterday and use the bins and they live in the camel back.

Heres some birds from my patch..
    http://www.severnsidebirds.co.uk/index.html

jools182
    Free Member

I could do with some cheapo binoculars too

My eyesight is shite and I often find myself wondering ‘what is that?’ when out on the trails 😳

jools182
    Free Member
    sweepy
    Free Member

maushaus

Ive heard good reviews of these.
    Edit- mind you at that bloody price they should be. Mind you bad bino’s are horrible to use.

CountZero

http://www1.dealtime.co.uk/Konus-Konus-Titanium-8×25-Cmpct-Wp-Blk/reviews
    These are very good indeed, tried a pair while down in Kingsbridge, and was very impressed, but I already had a pair of Pentax 7×20’s. Which broke not long after. (They were quite a few years old). I’m replacing them with the Titaniums, they’re nitrogen filled and waterproof, and they do bigger 8 and 10×40’s as well.

jools182
    Free Member

I’m now thinking a monocular might be better to take out on the bike

verses

Thanks for all the comments/suggestions 🙂

sweepy
    Free Member
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about… Binoculars’ is closed to new replies.