Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Talk Talk take over Tiscali
  • Innes
    Free Member

I’m with Tiscali, and just had an email saying that they have been taken over by Talk Talk.

What are Talk Talk like?

Tiscali’s customer service is really bad, are Talk Talk any better?

Innes

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

I believe they’re better..

I used to be with Tiscali and went to Sky as I couldn’t bear to stay with them. My parents and brother both have Talk Talk and are very happy with them.

Innes
    Free Member

That is good to know.

Hopefully the prices will stay the same, Talk Talk seem to be tied in to using their phone lines, we still have a BT phone line.

cinnamon_girl

Tiscali are beyond belief! But then again so are BT!

Innes
    Free Member

Is anyone happy with their ISP?

timdrayton
    Free Member

they are both equally inept customer servicewise and their equipment is/was equally inferior to BT or Virgin imho….

Charles Dunstone was a complete idiot also.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Innes – Member

yep, i’m happy with sky, it would be nice to have a faster connection, but we’re limited by non-copper cables. Never had any issues with dropped connections and when i’ve spoken to customer support, they’ve been very good and resolved any issues i’ve had very quickly.

We have our line rental through sky too. We pay £40 per month for all the mixes (without sport and movies) Broadband Mid and sky talk line rental.

ziggy
    Free Member

Talk Talk?

I’d rather be without the internet than use their services again.

I signed up to them from BT, I was left for 2 months without an internet connection, in fact they never even connected me and then started to send threatening letters stating I had to pay for an 18 month contract still!

dave_aber
    Free Member

I am. I’m with Nildram. Who were bought by Pipex. Who were bought by Tiscali. And now Talk Talk.

TBH, I’ve never seen any change since I started with nildram. My bill still says Nildram, the service seems the same. Never had to call customer services (thankfully).

Here’s hoping for more indifference.

snaps
    Free Member

I was with Nildram for 2 years then changed to Talk Talk last year on thier ‘less than a fiver a month’ deal & have had no problems.

crazy-legs

Talk Talk here too and generally happy with it, their customer service people are far from being the worst I’ve ever had to deal with.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Been with Tiscali since they took over screaming.net years ago. Nevr had an issue and house move went fine.

On TalkTalk for phone and I was signed up to their broadband package but changed my miind after 3 days (reading the reviews on line!) and notified them and asked to cancel the contract with in the 16day cooloing-off period. I then went through the same BS as Ziggy and ended up sending a letter to the MD with “Personal and confidential” on the envelope so only he opened it…two phone calls later it was sorte after 3 weeks of arguing and legal threats on their part!

Bunch of @ss

SSP

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Talk Talk take over Tiscali’ is closed to new replies.