• This topic has 16 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jes.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • talk talk – rubbish?
  • Pook

i’m about to click go on either talktalk or plusnet broadband. any horror stories?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

NOOOOOOOO! Do not go with TT, If you ever need to speak to anyone you won’t understand a word theyr’e on about, our interweb kept going off then when it went off altogether they tried to set me up with a new contract (I think, couldn’t understand the woman on the phone)
    Ditched them & went for Plusnet. (who I haven’t had to speak to yet.)

the-muffin-man

Plusnet = BT anyway. So do you like BT?

FWIW I’ve been with TalkTalk for 4 years and had no issues.

I’m sure you can find plenty of scare stories for any supplier. Have a word with neighbours and see who they are with and what speeds they get?

Cougar

Given the choice of those two, Plusnet is a no-brainer.

Plusnet = BT anyway

Best advice as always is to look what LLU providers are available to you on samknows.com, otherwise yes, you’re buying BT Wholesale and all you’re changing is who you give money to.

timmys

I’ve had no problems with Plusnet at all, either customer service (though don’t think I’ve had to talk to them at any point) or connection speed/stability. Yes they are BT but they seem to be set up for slightly more savy customers than BT proper.

BT proper worth looking into if BT Sport would be of value to you.

I presume you’re looking at fibre? If not then you should be!

mark_b
    Free Member

Talktalk for broadband/phone/tv and even mobile – all fine for me.

As above – horror stories can be found for any supplier of any service if you look hard enough.

bigyinn
    Free Member

TTB ok unless there are problems,
    PlusNet prob about the same.
    Given the choice I’d go Plusnet so that you can move your line away to another supplier MUCH more easily, as TTB LLU the line and make it pretty difficult to get away from them.

evel_kneivel
    Free Member

I would most certainly avoid talktalk.

nuke

I had been with TT for about 5 years but just switched to Plusnet fibre bb. No particular issues with TT except btoadband was not that reliable, perfectly usable most of the time though. Hated the constant ‘account health check’ calls from TT though…pissed me off in their attempts to get me to sign up to further services, had 4+ missed calls in one day once 👿

somouk
    Free Member

I had TT for 3 years in the last place. Service was okay when it worked, when it was broke their customer service was useless.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Talk Talk are great.
    ‘It’s My Life’ was a cracking album.

chipster

We were with Onetel for years, before they were bought out by TalkTalk and never needed customer services. I eventually decided we needed a better speed than the half Meg we were on. Cue the introduction to their customer services.
    I’m with Plusnet, now.

Pickers

I have TT, a colleague has TT, my Dad had TT.
    All shockingly bad, broadband and phone. Broadband (18Mb/s previously), throttled after 6pm and almost unuseable.
    We’ll be moving on when the contract is up. Can’t wait.

jag61

We put up with TT for ages slow dropped out regular loads of useless help calls to some other planet i think ,finally got a new router out of them mostly ok now. prob move when time is up. expecting a load of grief at that point.

unovolo
    Free Member

horror stories can be found for any supplier of any service if you look hard enough.

Problem is you don’t have to look very hard with Talk Talk, they are one of the most complained about BB providers going.

That said I’m with ‘Xilo’ and got a choice when I signed up with them to use either BT’s or Talktalks equipment in the exchange.
    Decided to go with the Talktalk equipment as its cheaper and as its a rolling 1month contract I could easily jump ship if they were poor.

So far I have had 1 outage for a couple of hours(Been with them 7months), just a had a email through from Xilo apologizing for the outage, giving a explanation of what happened and a credit to my account for 2weeks usage( and I never even complained) that to me is pretty good service and I would certainly recommend Xilo as a provider.

durhambiker
    Free Member

We’re with Talk Talk, and all had been well until earlier this week. To be fair, the problem we had wasn’t caused by Talk Talk, it was caused by the BT Openreach engineer working on the line to next door which comes through the same box. End result was our line stopped working. However, we had to go through Talk Talk to get it sorted, and trying to communicate with them is almost impossible.

We pretty much told them what the problem was, but they couldn’t understand us, we couldn’t understand them, and it dragged on and on. Didn’t help when we finally managed to get them to arrange for Openreach to come out and look at it, and the Openreach engineer put a slip through the door saying “everything’s fine outside, we’ll need to come back when you’re home as the problem is within the property” and told the neighbour he could hear our phone ringing inside. Doubt it sunshine, as our landline was being redirected to the wife’s mobile. Second engineer strangely managed to fix it without entering the property.

jes
    Free Member

choppersquad – Member
    Talk Talk are great.
    ‘It’s My Life’ was a cracking album.

This ^

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘talk talk – rubbish?’ is closed to new replies.