• This topic has 21 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by nach.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Talk Talk Broadband
  • tiggs121
    Free Member

It’s free with line rental but is it any good?

Opinions please?

cheers

rone

Been with them for a while.

Fibre is great, never any issues. If you do get problems though it won’t be fun.

nostoc
    Free Member

Talktalk are an extortion racket with a sideline in telecommunications. Never again.

CountZero

Frequently held up as an example of just how bad customer service can be, on Watchdog and the like.
    I wouldn’t touch them with yours, quite frankly, but I’m on BT, and never had any significant issues, except at the beginning, which involved long conversations with nice people in Mumbai. Others on here have had less edifying experiences.

Bregante

Conversely I’ve been with Talk Talk for six years and they’ve been faultless. Switched to them from BT after several years of appalling service during which I was threatened with bailiffs despite them later admitting I had been over charged by several hundred pounds.

Just for balance 🙂

jimc101
    Free Member

Been with for years via companies they have taken over, apart from one outage a few years back that they were useless about, and lasted a week, no issues.

Got fiber this year as it worked out about £3 more (total) over the 18 month contract to ADSL. No limits on DL, (Sky have 25GB a month, which can be blown in a few hours with fiber), great even if you aren’t a big downloader discount for early payment (you need to keep on top of this)

pacef8
    Free Member

Words can not express how incompetent they are. 6 engineers and the service still drops out. 5 meg but more like .4 mostly. Indian call centre os a joke a complete balls up of a company. Avoid at all costs they are incompetent.

tiggs121
    Free Member

On balance I think I will give them a miss.

Having a look at Plusnet.

Rio

Never had a problem with Talktalk. Last time I had to ring them to sort out an issue they were very helpful, unlike some other ISPs I could mention. I think 2 or 3 years ago they got a new team in to sort out their customer service (which used to be famously bad) so if you’re going by recommendations based on previous experience you need to know whether it’s before or after that change.

RustySpanner

Call centre deliberately obstructive – on hold for ages, disregard and open contempt for the customer.
    Worst company I’ve ever dealt with.

Can’t wait to get rid.

pacef8
    Free Member

They visited this week so yeh totally useless.

project
    Free Member

With AOL, now owned by Talk Talk, problems with dropping out, ring call centre somwhere in india, very helpful people who speak some form of english and lack any sence of humour, test line a few times all ok their side, refer me to bt, and indian call centre same as above, diagnose talk talk problem, then diagnmose faulty filter, bt send out new one and surprise surprise it was a faulty filter, theyre not designed to last according to google.

as the line from exchange to home is owned by open reach part of bt, unless youre with a virgin, then both will blame each other.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

TalkTalk are a nightmare, avoid at all cost.
    The call centre in India is diabolical and they don’t give two hoots about you the customer.
    I won’t bore you all with the details but they ended up getting a debt collection agency on me due to their repeated incompetent errors. Finally got it sorted after 2 calls to the loyalty department.
    But the hassle was tremendous.

DO NOT USE.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

The worst company I’ve ever dealt with. They still owe me £50 from ten years ago, but to preserve my sanity they can keep it.

Odd, because shortly before , Carphone Warehouse were a fantastic company to deal with. Then the expanded and the whole ethos changed.

Pigface
    Free Member

Awful scumbag of a company, currently going through a grievance via Offcom with them over how they have treated my mother. A pox on them

marko75
    Free Member

just 2 hours ago I signed online with talk talk – now thinking about cancelling it. Is plus net any better?

pacef8
    Free Member

Oh dear do yourself a favour and cancel.

trademark
    Free Member

My laptop only has a battery-life of two hours so haven’t got time to type out all of the grief I’ve had from (don’t)TalkTalk call centre.
    Internet service was fine BUT, if you need help then forget it.
    The final straw after two years was when they told me I wasn’t who I said I was and that my landline number I was calling them from didn’t exist!
    Plusnet have been very helpful in the three years I’ve been with them.

project
    Free Member

Plus net are owned by BT. and the land lines provided by Bt Openreach a seperate company.

milky1980
    Free Member

If it wasn’t for the kind intervention of a fellow member on here I’d not be with them! Had no choice as they took over the Virgin National customer database. Sorted my dropping out problem and slow speeds for a while but it seemed to be back up to it’s old tricks again yesterday. Could be the final straw if it doesn’t improve over the next few days.

Got to try and sort out an overbilling today as they’ve charged me twice for the initial double payment, wish me luck with the Indian call centre 😕

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Milky just insist on being put through to the loyalty department.
    The Indian call centre won’t do anything. I was getting wrongly charged for 2 accounts (should have only been one) and after 2 – 3 months only the loyalty department could be arsed to sort it out.
    That really are the worst.

nach
    Free Member

TalkTalk are dreadful. They’ve been buying up all the asymmetric copper others are offloading, which was mostly for cable TV and poorly suited to broadband. Where they offer that, your future is shit internet. Where they offer fibre, there’ll be another company that’ll be much better to deal with.

I’m posting from a TalkTalk connection now. It’s suffered so many problems that we just kind of expect them like weather (sometimes it drops to sub-56k speeds, and caching problems once cut off access to imgur for months). Cannot wait for fibre to roll out here.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Talk Talk Broadband’ is closed to new replies.