Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Talk mobile..ceasing to trade..anyone had this call?
  • DrP

Me and the wife are both on talkmobile sim only.

We’ve both had a phone call suggesting they are ceasing to trade, and do we want the PAC to switch to vodaphone (they use vodaphone network anyway).

Very unprofessional sounding call – lad on the line wasn’t sure WHEN my sim would stop working (this annoyed me – I said that’s the MOST important bit of information to tell me!) but was able to tell me about my current deal/useage.

I see on th talkmobile site that PAYG is ending, but they still offer sim only….

I are confoosed….

It’s either a poor com’s issue from talkmobile, or a terrible scam to try to get me to vodaphone.
    Or I’m an idiot.

Which is it?.

(Thread prompted by the Tesco sim only one!)

DrP

footflaps

Which is it?.

All three?

DezB
    Free Member

DezBJr’s on Talkmobile – not had the call. Phone them – they always answer quick and are really helpful! <– Not sarcasm!

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Their pay as you go service is finishing in August apparently.

Cougar

Ring TTM back and enquire? I’d always be sceptical of cold callers.

That said, if it were a scam I’d expect them to be asking you for a PAC number, not offering you one.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I reckon Talkmobile sell your details onto a third party.

I had a call from a lad (who sounded like he lived on a council estate) informing me that I could upgrade to a new phone as my contract had run out. I was on a sim only, pay monthly contract!

I didn’t give out any details over the phone and I just told them to write a letter to my solicitor instead.

I thought the service went downhill last year TBH; I couldn’t get 4g at all. I swapped to GiffGaff, no regerts.

PS they have an online chat thing which is quite useful if you CBA phoning them.

RobHilton
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – Member
    no regerts

Nicely done 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Talk mobile..ceasing to trade..anyone had this call?’ is closed to new replies.