Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Talk Mobile – bereavement content bunch of halfwits
  • RustyNissanPrairie

Father in law passed away recently so grieving MIL and wife have been sorting out accounts etc. He had 3 mobiles due to being on the donor register and was waiting on the ‘the call’

The ‘majority’of companies they have been dealing with have been absolutely brilliant and have bereavement teams in place (O2, Vodaphone, Virgin TV/broadband, Saga insurance and a few more I forgot).

At the opposite end of the spectrum are Talkmobile. Absolute bunch of ****.
    “sorry but we cant divulge details without the account owners permission”
    “he’s dead”
    “send us the death certificate”
    ” we did – 2 weeks ago”

and on and on, and still no further.

No real point to this other than for anyone thinking of using Talkmobile – dont die as its a proper pain to close your account.

Cougar

I had this with Carphone Warehouse. Took three long and frustrating “there’s nothing we can do” phone calls before I found someone who knew they had a bereavement team and passed me through. Said team was brilliant, but the regular customer services team didn’t seem to know they existed.

allthepies
    Free Member

I went through this process a few years back and found all of the suppliers to be very understanding and flexible. Looks like TT are not in the same boat.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

BT are the same.
    What is it with phone companies?

Cougar

BT are a prime example of the adage that you shouldn’t attribute to malice what could be attributed to incompetence. They’re incredibly siloed internally (or at least, they were last time I had any dealings with them), if you get the wrong team for a request you’re screwed as they’ll have no notion of who could / should be dealing with it.

funkmasterp

My brother left a couple of small debts when he died. One company (can’t recall who) harassed my mother for ages, insisting on talking to my brother, despite having the facts explained to them. She eventually asked me to deal with it as she was getting so upset. I told them to speak to a clairvoyant or go f*#$ themselves.

It was a ridiculous and downright bizarre situation. Hope you get it sorted soon OP. Grief is hard enough without having to deal with cockwombles.

RustyNissanPrairie

Looks like TT are not in the same boat.

Talk Talk were another company that were really good to deal with, MIL had no paper record who the phone was with and presumed TalkTalk upon seeing a ‘Talk’ somewhere along the way. They gave the correct number to speak to someone at TalkMobile and that’s were the fun began.

I’d quite happily tell them to shove it but MIL wants the PAC code to move the number to another provider.

project
    Free Member

santander are equally if not more pathetic over a death, they make the rules as they went along,then deny they said that refuse to answer questions,

metalheart
    Free Member

Three were a pain in the hoop when my dad died.

However, I went into their shops and the staff were very good/helpful.

It was resolved in the end… But I could have done with the hassle.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/three-continuing-to-bill-dead-man-for-mobile-phone

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Talk Mobile – bereavement content bunch of halfwits’ is closed to new replies.