Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Talk me out of buying a Pavoni Europiccola (Espresso content!)
  • vings
    Free Member

Finding myself lusting over one of these bad boys:

I’ve been casually researching espresso machines for a while, and the Pavoni has really caught my eye. As you would expect from an Italian, apparently they can be a little quirky/temperamental, but I think that adds to the charm! They also seem to hold onto their value. Anyone like to offer an opinion?

BigJohn

If you know what you’re doing I believe they make great coffee. But as there are more variables it easier to make horrible coffee too.

porlus
    Free Member

Work of art. Just get one 😀

Davesport

Anyone like to offer an opinion?

Yes I would 8) I like drinking coffee & own a Rancilio Silvia. A friend owns the Pavoni & although I’ve not tasted the results we’ve discussed this topic at (yawn) length.

As you would expect the coffee from a semi automatic machine like mine can vary considerably. I ditch approx 25 % of the shots I pull from my machine as being substandard. The Pavoini takes variability to the next level. I would say that if you’re entirely happy experimenting & getting mixed results then you could live with the Pav. Getting consistency is difficult & takes practice.

If you can unicycle backwards on a tightrope whilst wearing a blindfold then a Pavoini might be the next challenge for you 8)

You know it makes sense !

D.

porlus
    Free Member

Or you could buy my Gaggia Baby D 😀

chipps

I’ve got one and it’s currently a rather dusty paperweight…
    They do look lovely, but as Davesport says, they can be a pain to pull a decent shot from. I found it all got rather too hot after two shots too. And then waiting for steam for milk takes a while – and I could never get a decent foam out of it – but then perhaps that’s asking too much of it. I think if you like espresso and Italy and want to work at it, then it might be OK. If you like any milky drinks or consistency, then something like a Silvia is far, far better.

MrSmith
    Free Member

you have budgeted for a decent grinder too?

JonEdwards
    Free Member

We *had* one – bought it off the classifieds here.

As above – looks great. Pain in the arse to get good coffee out of. We chopped ours in for a second hand Gaggia Classic (making money on the deal!) and the quality and consistency of the coffee went up instantly.

As per Smiffy though – you need a good grinder to go with it too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Talk me out of buying a Pavoni Europiccola (Espresso content!)’ is closed to new replies.