Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Talk me out of a Lyric – Marin 140 content
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

I've seen a few secondhand Lyric 2steps for sale at tempting prices and quite like the idea of a 160mm fork on my Marin 140.

I know the 2steps are prone to reliability issues, but I'm seriously tempted.

Is there anything else out there I should consider? Should I keep my cash in my pocket and take the missus away instead?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

It won't be much of a bargain when it almost inevitably breaks!

geetee1972
    Free Member

If you want a reliable bargain go for the coil; you can get new ones for around £500. I know Freeborn have them at this price – 01403 251 252

Northwind

I've been dimly thinking either coil lyrik or a 150mm Revelation Team… The Revs are a bit shorter though, they're 150mm but the axle-to-crown is less than you'd expect.

thv3
    Free Member

I run 36 Vans on mine 🙂

Single best upgrade I have made to the bike. Wouldn't go back now.

pitduck
    Free Member

rockshox are rubbish 👿

PJM1974
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

Looks like either coil Lyriks or preferably a set of 36 Vans or Floats. Will do some shopping around.

geetee1972
    Free Member

FWIW my Lyriks did get replaced under warranty as the damping cartridge failed. Normally they would have just replaced the cartridge but it was easier to give me a whole new fork.

So yes RS products may have more reliability issues than Fox but their warranty and back up is sound.

There is a big price difference between Lyriks and Floats at the moment as I know you can get new Lyriks for £499. At that price you'd have to be a serious weight weenie to want a set of Floats in preference.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Talk me out of a Lyric – Marin 140 content’ is closed to new replies.