Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Talbot express camper van owners?
  • robgclarkson
    Free Member

As per the title really, anyone on here owned one?

I’ve been offered one and I know noting about them, any pitfalls I should be aware of?

It’s a 2.5 Express Avalon that’s done 75k…. advice welcome

ElShalimo

Won’t it be a Citroen/Fiat underneath ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

The 2.5 engines pretty solid as above psa diesel. Old school diesel easy to work on.

They like to rot around the wings front steps and door hinges, and body mounts- they all getting long in the tooth.

Roof lights leak for fun, check for signs of water damage . Equally check for any fibreglass repairs and signs of damp on the other side…. and ensure all gas appliances are checked out before using.

The clincher for me not to bother buying a cheap camper was that the drivng position was horrible couldnt imagine driving any distance in it.- and i have a 1980s land rover for a car….so thats saying something

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Hmmm thanks trail rat…. food for thought indeed…

AlexSimon

Do you know about the MOT check?
    https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

PePPeR

The diesel engine is actually Italian, sofim engine same as used in Renault Masters of that era.

Rot around the windscreen can be quite serious, the 2.5 is slow but you can upgrade if you wish, no power steering in RH drive models, an electric Corsa rack can be converted,

Rust anywhere else and apart from that they’re Ok vans.

The Camper body itself, watch out for roof leaks and rot in all the bodywork wood.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Talbot express camper van owners?’ is closed to new replies.