Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • talas 36 rc2 fork setup
  • mrback
    Free Member

hi to all
    never been able to get a happy medium with the hi/low speed compression settings on this fork & have just read:

The range of low- and high-speed compression settings on the RC2 version is also too high, meaning most riders we know run them at minimum all the time, wasting the extra £110 spent over the basic R version.

quote from a bikeradar review.

so are there many people running this fork with the compression backed right off, low & hi speed?
    Gonna give a try tomoz but was just after some feedback.

cheers in advance for any info

LoCo
    Free Member

Try this as guide for set up,

http://www.locotuning.co.uk/tech-info.html

as for the 'test' I haven't read it. Any chance of a link?

mrback
    Free Member

many thanks for the reply loco, I've had a good read of that before so I'll keep it in mind. was after people who are running this fork to get some opinions on whether the hi/lo speed compression settings are too high & if they just run them all the way open.

mrback
    Free Member
    LoCo
    Free Member

Try 4 clicks in from full off on high and low speed to start with after setting the sag and rebound.
    Never found my sets of 36s 'over compressed' 2 sets of Talas (1 & 2) and vanilla all RC2s.
    EDit: Just read it haven't heard of anyone else having issues.

Burls72
    Free Member

Had the talas rc2 and vanilla rc2. From fully off, 3-4 clicks hs, 5-6 clicks ls on talas and I think around the same on the vanilla. Like you could never find a setting I was happy with on the talas, I was always adjusting it. Found you could set it up reasonably well for one type of terrain say for example rock gardens but it then sucked on everything else.

Never adjusted the settings on the vanilla once it was set and found hs/ls settings helped iron out the weak spots on coil forks. Also never really used the travel adjust found the fork worked well in max travel and was hard work in 130 and 100. Wouldn't buy one again, i'd only get a vanilla rc2 or float r.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘talas 36 rc2 fork setup’ is closed to new replies.