Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Taking the long way to work
  • Surfr
    Free Member

The past 2 Mondays I've been heading to the end of the road and turning completely the wrong direction for work. It's awesome to get a full ride in on the way to work. So far I've been doing road rides but I could easily get an MTB lap of the Summit at Nant-yr-Arian in on the way to work too. Who else finds a few extra training hours in the bright summer mornings?

This morning's 'commute' http://connect.garmin.com/activity/38457583

RealMan
    Free Member

Looks fun, but what time do you have to get up for that?

stumpy01

Wish I could do, but my 60 miles each way in the car takes long enough as it is and I'm not sure I could afford the diesel if I went in the wrong direction!!
    😉

Although to be mildly serious I am thinking of parking up in a village 15 miles or so away from work & cycling from there…..otherwise I struggle to find time to get the exercise in!!

Surfr
    Free Member

I left the house at 7. Was showered and at my desk by 9:45

richmtb

Brilliant looks like a great ride.

Unfortunately I am far too lazy/disorganised/sleep-deprived to get out of bed early to go for a longer ride. Still there is nowt stopping me doing a longer ride on the way home…

RealMan
    Free Member

Not too bad I guess. Good for you anyway.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, often take the long way in to work, even in winter it's nice, particularly as it gets light!

Much prefer doing training on the way to work, lack the energy afterwards!

Mister-P
    Free Member

My most direct route to work would give me about 36 miles a day. I generally cover 50 miles though. Sometimes I do a bit longer in, sometimes a bit longer on the way home. It all depends on how I feel and which way the wind is blowing.

What Garmin are you using BTW?

Dibbs
    Free Member

I tend to take the short way into work and the scenic route home, nice bit of gentle offroad along the Quantocks ridge (on my bike for work CX'er) after a Night shift this morning 🙂
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/38453819

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Me! I tag a 20 mile MTB route onto the end of my commute whenever I have the time. Mostly on the way home though, as a mechanical would mean arriving hours late in the morning.

Surfr
    Free Member

Mister P I use an iPhone with MotionX and upload the GPX file manually to Garmin Connect.

stumpy01

Ooooh, didn't know you could do this. DO you just register with Garmin & away you go?

Junkyard
    Free Member

way home for me also always seems easier than getting up early

Surfr
    Free Member

Yup it's completely free to use Garmin Connect. Just signup on the site for My Garmin

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Taking the long way to work’ is closed to new replies.