Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Taking Son to his first gig
  • nickc

Just booked the tickets, this must be some sort of rite of passage surely?

Is it OK to go to your first gig with your Dad? He’s only 11…I suspect I won’t see him all night.

MrSparkle

Yeah, it’s ace! Taken my lad to quite a few over the years. A few months ago we both went to see Soulfly and he went off to the circle pit on his own. I was so proud…

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Which gig?

nickc

Passion Pit and Joy Formidable at Oxford.

Hoorah for live music…

doc_blues
    Free Member

good for you. I had the ‘your not allowed to go to gigs until you are at least 16’ from my folks – possibly because aged 11 I was into Iron Maiden and Slayer (shudder, and prays for forgiveness) – still didnt stop me sneaking off to see the stranglers in my later teens for my 1st proper gig – lots of middle aged men in jeans and black leather jackets – quite worrying really.

I hope I am the kind of parent that will take their kid to gigs and festivals – doc jr (17 months old) is already showing a liking for madness, duran duran and orbital – unortunately that is matched by enthusiasm for 50 cent and anything with booty in it (gyrating scantly clad girls seems to attract him to the tv like a fly to…)

votchy
    Free Member

Saw my first few gigs with my dad, Iron Maiden at brum odeon, Monsters of Rock at Donington, took my eldest to see McFly 2 years ago at the NEC, taking him to see AC/DC at Wembley next week, will be like old times as my old man is coming to see them too, 3 generations of votchy rocking!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Taking Son to his first gig’ is closed to new replies.