Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Taking off winter tyres (apology content)
  • andy8442
    Free Member

Just to let you all know I’m taking off my winter tyres………

Sorry, it will now of course snow!

andyl
    Free Member

Did mine on Sunday and it’s now gone very cold!

Northwind

I was doing my best to ensure good weather by starting to refurb my normal wheels, and then along come you two dicks and ruin it 🙄 Next you’ll be telling us you’ve put racing ralphs on your pushbikes.

nedrapier

Saturday for me! New wheels, new tyres.

Beater commuters back on now, with their additional 1.2kgs.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Never took mine off! Just couldn’t be bothered with the Somme like conditions this winter.

mbr30
    Free Member

Mine are in the garage now getting swapped over…sure it was warmer yesterday..

Northwind

I’m just remembering refitting mine last April

footflaps

Next you’ll be telling us you’ve put racing ralphs on your pushbikes.

Winter tyres?

I’ve got Furious Freds on mine ready for the dusty summer…..

iolo
    Free Member

Car or bike? North Wales was frozen this morning

everyone
    Free Member

Classic ron ralph combo here. Preparing to hibernate the SS as well (or at least put some flat pedals on for nipping to the shops duty)

khani
    Free Member

I want to take my mudguards off but I’m scared!
    I thought about it briefly this morning and it clouded over within minutes..

dawson

Khani +1

MoreCashThanDash

As this is the chat forum I presume we are talking cars here?

Was definitely well below 7 degrees when I rode I rode in this morning, so the car will be keeping it’s winter boots on till at least the end of this month.

Bike still has trailrakers on, still quite boggy off piste round here

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I bought mudguards, but didn’t fit them for fear of getting something jammed in the wheel (bridleway commute), as a result we can expect it to get muddier and muddier for the next few weeks.

Still, it’s a great excuse to look into buying a chinese 29er hardtail to make my ‘nice’ bike, and relegating the current one to a hybrid commuter (abeit with XTR, hope, thompson, easton and XT etc).

Don’t bother with the car, uniroyal rain experts as the worst we get most of the year is wet.

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

I want to buy some summer tyres now I have a 29er but am scared in case the weather gods see me.

andy8442
    Free Member

Yes, I was talking cars, but I did go out on my road bike for the first time yesterday. Lovely day, but bloody hell! the thing needs a service! A winter on the turbo trainer has loosened a few things up.

Heavy frost this morning. I might leave the winters on until Thursday now.

mbr30
    Free Member

How much have you lot been charged to swap the tyres back over out of interest…?

andyl
    Free Member

I have 2 sets of wheels so £0. just 20 minutes of my time doing it slowly as the car is out on the lane.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Didn’t bother putting the Winter tyres on at all this Winter.
    Bought a spare set of alloys off a scrapyard a couple of years ago, so it’s quick and easy to swap over as appropriate. Just never got around to it this time.

andy8442
    Free Member

Costs me a tenner at my local tyre place where I,ve been a very good customer over the years.

schnor
    Free Member

Gah, I’ve only just braved taking my mud guards off. Not going to risk annoying the winter tyre gods just yet 🙁

[edit]

road bike. not car

Goldigger
    Free Member

I’ve taken my reflector off..

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I don’t think the temperature got below 7 degrees in Yorkshire for probably more than 3 days all erm ‘winter’

scotroutes

Winter tyres will be staying on – probably all year. It’s still well below 7 degrees overnight and early morning when driving to work.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Taking off winter tyres (apology content)’ is closed to new replies.