Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Taking a jumper back to gap with the security tag still on and no receipt…
  • nsdog
    Free Member

Have a nice xmas jumper which my aunt bought me and has lost the receipt. It still has the security tag on, if I walk into gap with it will I get busted?

druidh
    Free Member

Depends if you carry a gun or not.

Stoner
    Free Member

take your aunt with you. She can do the time if they get all heavy.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Cut the tag off with some pliers / big dress making scissors?

Practice your shop lifting skills with some magnets

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Ring them and ask before hand, let them know what exactly you are returning and the circumstances ie. The tag, they will then be a little less suspicious that you may have just pulled it off the shelf and are trying to con them.

However being a Gap jumper, it will probably fall apart before you get there.

jamiep
    Free Member

I’d take it to the shop to remove. I’ve hacked one off before (from an online purchase so returning is harder) and it was a struggle to remove and had plenty of potential for causing damage in the process

soobalias
    Free Member

gap jumps give me the willies

why did your nan nick you a jumper for christmas? if she fancies lifting me a tight fitting black round neck, ive got cash waiting??

hora
    Free Member

Ring them and ask before hand, let them know what exactly you are returning and the circumstances ie. The tag, they will then be a little less suspicious that you may have just pulled it off the shelf and are trying to con them.

This

mudshark
    Free Member

Some old people* like to take an item of clothing out of the store to see how it ooks in daylight, being old they sometimes forget to go back in.

* well, my Dad’s done this

retro83
    Free Member

Try and remove it with a magnet from a hard disk, if you can’t then call the shop. I’ve done the same at Sainsbury’s this week as their checkout staff are incompetent.

nsdog
    Free Member

called them, went in, didn’t get arrested. You are all amazing.

Cougar

… and this day would later be known in history as the day nsdog’s life of crime first started.

nsdog
    Free Member

I’m innocent I tell you!

cloudnine
    Free Member

That’s what they all say

matthewlhome
    Free Member

similar thing happened to my mum. she walked into the shop expecting to set off the alarms and nothing happened. she did have the receipt though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Taking a jumper back to gap with the security tag still on and no receipt…’ is closed to new replies.