Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Taking a bike to the USA – with me or use a baggage service?
  • TooTall
    Free Member

Has anyone got experience of either? I'm looking at taking a bike to the USA with me and am just weighing up the options. Either take it with me as sports kit or use an unaccompanied baggage company for the same – except they probably route it a slightly different way. Looking at how hard the return journey is as well.

vinnyeh

I've quite happily taken bikes with me to the US before- don't forget you've got an increased luggage allowance, so it's going to work out a lot cheaper.
    I used an unaccompanied baggage company to bring some ski equipment out from NZ once- the cost was frankly horrific.

mefty
    Free Member

With you, no problems with BA last year. I too looked at a baggage company for a trip to France where I was moving about abit before needing the bike. Cost was extortionate.

Creaky

I also took a bike to the USA with BA last year. No extra cost as it counted as sports equipment and no problems either.

flatfish
    Free Member

been to the states and canada a few times and flew my bike with me no probs.

RepacK
    Free Member

Took mine on Virgin Atlantic with no probs but always worth checking.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Taking a bike to the USA – with me or use a baggage service?’ is closed to new replies.