Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • TAG Heuer battery replacement – send to TAG or ?
  • stevied
    Free Member

So my Aquaracer is doing the ‘4 second tick’ thing so time for a new battery. Any recommendations on the best way to do it? I would like it to be pressure tested as well so don’t want to do it myself or get it done on the cheap.
    Anyone sent theirs to TAG and, if so, how much did they sting you?
    Steve

atlaz
    Free Member

I usually go to an authorised seller; my watch only goes back to TAG for a service (and even then only twice in the last 18 years). When I lived in London I used Watches of Switzerland.

muddyground
    Free Member

No idea where you are, but these people are very good: H Stanley, 252 High Street, Dorking 01306883071

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I used watch doctors to change the battery on my omega on a recommendation from my uncle who had had his Rolex, brightlings etc serviced there.
    They were half the price of omega and they pressure test and certify the water proof rating as well.
    Maybe have a look at their website.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

In-Time in Debenhams

Freester

Any authorised service agent will end up sending it back to LVMH in Manchester who change the battery, service and pressure test it. Costs a fortune, takes a month. From memory £120 for my Kirium 4 years ago.

In my experience it never comes back quite in the state it went there. Customer service is shocking. Last time I complained I was told I need to ‘stop complaining and trying to get freebies out of them’. I wouldn’t have complained if they had done the job properly. A letter to the MD of LVMH got no reply until I followed it up.

So take your watch to the local independent jeweller and get them to change the battery for a 5ver.

Would I buy another TAG? No chance.

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I’ll be going to an indy to get it done. Don’t think £120 for a battery/test is a reasonable price..

@Freester
    : my wife had hers done at LVMH (under warranty) and no problems but, since looking into it this morning, I can see that there have been problems with them. Thanks for the heads-up

jp-t853

I think TAG charge £80 for a battery change and pressure test and it hard to get anyone else to do it. Debenhams is good I hear, the pressure test might not be 200m but I can’t image that you will be going to the bottom of the North sea.

The quartz modules are quite low grade it TAGs so when they say they are doing a service for £240 they are swapping a £25 movement.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I do my watches including a Tag myself the case tool is a fiver on ebay, battery a couple of quid. As long as you don’t pinch the o ring it wont need pressure testing.

alibongo001

I was really surprised when I sent my Kirium back to tag through a local jewellers.

They said they fit a new battery and then monitor the voltage drop over a few days. If the drop is high, the watch needs a service -£120. If the drop is OK just a battery – £50

Imagine my surprise when I picked it up with only a £50 bill!

jeff

Don’t pay those rip off merchants at Tag!

£30 for a battery change at the little yellow watch shop in Clerkenwell London.

Easy enough to do yourself with the right tools too.

Freester

I always sent my watch direct to LVMH as it was cheaper than going via an authorised agent.

1st two times were fine.

3rd time I had a lot of problems. It got resolved in the end and as a ‘goodwill’ gesture the next change / service was offered FOC.

So the 4th time I had MORE problems. When I complained I was told to ‘stop complaining as I was at it after freebies’. No I wasn’t I just wanted the job doing properly and my watch to be returned working and in one piece. Eventually they offered me another freebie for the next change service which is due any time now. I am dreading it and will probably take it to the local jewellers rather than have to deal with the LVMH shower of rubbish again.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Anyone who pays Tag £120.00 to change a battery needs their voltage testing.
    It’s a five minute job easily done at home and the whole pressure testing thing is an absolute load of bollocks. It’s a threaded back with a rubber o-ring that seats in a groove on the watch case, my kid could do it.

stevied
    Free Member

My local jeweller is going to do it for £20 inc pressure test. I’d rather it was tested as it’s not a cheap watch..I’ll give LVMH a swerve I think!

globalti
    Free Member

Absolutely. Mrs Gti spends £50 plus postage getting hers done when I could do it for free in a few minutes.

Terry Casey watch repairer in Leicester, find him on Ebay. She says he’s very good.

benp1

Got the batteries off Amazon, about to do my Tag myself. Got some silicon lube to put on the O ring when I close it up

marcus7
    Free Member

Well for my two penneth as it were, i got a local watch doctor to do my 2000 and the mrs S/EL and he managed to knacker both, unfortunately i didn’t realise this for over six months and thus could not prove it. Basically he did not know how screw down crown works and levered the crowns up to set the time and dates, this destroyed the threads and stopped them from being able to be sealed, forward 6 months to a holiday and water got in both ( we had owned these for several years and been swimming many times). It was only then that i realised what he had done. I will never again trust one of those guys and i always double check the crowns now!.

toemul
    Free Member

What jools said but mine is 25 years old bottom of range still seems water proof though.

razorrazoo

These guys do my watches, have been very good in the past.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘TAG Heuer battery replacement – send to TAG or ?’ is closed to new replies.