Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tacx vortex smart
  • itsmygame
    Free Member

Advice please has anyone got or used one.

It only simulates up to 7% gradient. Is it enough or is it easily overpowered?

Cheers

wrecker
    Free Member

Been looking at these too given the eyewatering prices of the Wahoo offerings. dcrainmaker rates them, and he seems to know his onions.
    Rosebikes has a package with the advanced software and ANT+ antenna for £295, which is what I’ll go for if I do buy.
    http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/product/detail/aid:858355

itsmygame
    Free Member

Not sure what thAt advanced software is but I found the trainer for £230 and that antenna for £30.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Tacx have a software package which is approx £60 / £100 to buy depending on whether you want the basic or advanced package. It needs a certain quality of PC to run it and does either live video or PC generated graphics of live routes.

Personally I bought the Bushido Smart which simulates upto 17% – that makes most Zwift rides etc feel fairly realistic – I thought 7% wouldn’t really make enough of a difference.

gray

I have one.

It’s generally good. Though it’s crapped out on me a bit lately – might be a bit knackered. I got mine from Rose, which will be a pain if I have to send it back.

When it’s working, it’s ace. I use it with TrainerRoad, so I don’t think the gradient thing is very relevant – it’ll go up to several hundred watts, so that’s enough for me. One thing that I think is not as good as posher ones is that I do have to change gear quite a bit to keep it in its optimal range for controlling the power.

Personally I wouldn’t bother with any Tacx software – reputation isn’t great. Suunto ANT+ USB jobber plus TrainerRoad or Zwift and you’re good to go. I’d buy from a UK source though if I were doing it again…

wrecker
    Free Member

As Ivan says, the advanced software is around £100 (and has all the cool stuff on it). For an extra £30, it looks like a good deal to me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tacx vortex smart’ is closed to new replies.