Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tablet holding device for Volvo XC60 headrest?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

We have recently changed our car and the tablet holders we have (which clip on to the metal shafts of the headrest) don’t work on the Volvo due to the design of the headrest. Has anyone found a decent way of attaching a device to them?

Cheers

molgrips
    Free Member

Funnily enough, we had this issue last summer in an XC70. We got one of these velcro jobbies which sorted it out. Slightly less comfortable on the headrest, but they fit loads of cars and are quite well adjustable. Tablet can also be pulled down for games, but you have to get used to the really loud RRRIIIIIIIIIPPPPPP as they remove it cos it’s a large strong piece of velcro 🙂

There are others that clamp the tablet on the top and bottom – might be better as on some tablets the corner loops can interfere with the buttons.

johndoh
    Free Member

Hmm, they have given me an idea – my MIL is good with a sewing machine – I bet she could knock a couple of those up for a fraction of the cost they cost on Amazon – and I could just get velcro pads for the backs of the Kindles so there are no straps interfering with the front.

Cheers 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

You could, if you coudl get hold of the massive elastic and the really strong big bits of velcro. I was worried they’d be wobbly and rubbish, but it’s the “overbuilt” design and implementation that makes them secure.

We had Kindle Fire 7″ in ours and we had to leave one corner off to avoid the power button. Still solid though.

Straightliner

Johndoh, have you actually managed to get the headrest out of the seat? You need to press on a very hidden button in the back of the seat, about 4-5″ below the top of the seat and directly in the middle of the two metal prongs. Once out it’s the same as a normal headrest and the holding bracket should work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tablet holding device for Volvo XC60 headrest?’ is closed to new replies.