Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • T25 oil leak from base of dipstick
  • muzz
    Free Member

I have noticed an oil leak coming from where the base of the dipstick tube enters the engine, there is a small entry point here which is loose and pulls out/in when you remove and reinsert the dipstick

Anyone solved this before? Would a sealant do the job or is there a replacement part I could get?

Ta

madjak
    Free Member

Firstly what is it? Im assuming it a diesel where the dipstick tube is at the back of the engine?

You’re going to need to do some more investigation, could be coming from further up the motor somewhere?

gazc
    Free Member
    muzz
    Free Member

it’s a 1.9 petrol water cooled

i know the leak is from there as I can see it!

wwaswas

crank case getting pressurised due to a blocked breather somewhere?

madjak
    Free Member

Again assuming its the fitted as standard 1.9DG motor (retro fitting engines is popular in these) will this do?

DG Dipstick

tandemwarriors

Ditto Club 80-90, fantastic forum.
    There’s a wee o-ring in there if I remember from when I stripped and rebuilt the DG in Vinnie.
    There should also be a very heath-robinson looking jubilee clip on a wee bracket that secures the dipstick tube to the water pipe that crosses behind it. If this is missing the whole tube can move in & out.

Crankcase pressure is possible – the pipe from the breather tower to the top of the carb can collapse, but usually pressure is vented via the o-ring in the bottom of the breather tower being rock-hard, not sealing,and sending oil mist all over the top of the crankcase!

Rob (& Vinnie the T25)

muzz
    Free Member

Tandem warrior, you are spot on r.e jubilee clip, only on mine there was a cable tie that had came dislodged allowing whole dipstick to pop out.

Thanks all

just got a leaking radiator hose or radiator to sort out

and a badly rusted body!

madjak
    Free Member

Good luck, hope you getting sorted for the summer.

Mine has had loads of work but still has engine issues and needs cosmetic welding and interior work. If I can get this thing straight I can get on with my bay resto, now that does need welding!

muzz
    Free Member

tandem/madjack, r.e. oil breather pipe, when I got my van there was none. Since, I have just been using some old radiator hose off a fiat ducato but this is too flexible and is nearly folded over in places so pretty blocked. I plan on getting 19mm domestic heating hoses I saw mentioned on a forum…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘T25 oil leak from base of dipstick’ is closed to new replies.