Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • T-Shirts – seen any good bargains for decent T's?
  • the-muffin-man

As title.

Seems like the high street retailers now make their Ts out of the thinnest material they can find!

Nipper99
    Free Member

Go Outdoors have some good ones on their sale rail.

HungryHungryHippo

Husky Organic do good quality mtb-related Ts and had lots on offer earlier this week.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sombrio on CRC.

binners

Howies

isto
    Free Member

Uniqlo and Asos own brand are both decent quality and good value.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Always on the lookout for quality white T’s. Heavy cotton, not too wide, on the long side. I generally cut the labels out of mine cos they irritate me, so I can never remember where I bought them from. If I could find the perfect white T-Shirt I’d buy a lifetimes supply as they go with everything.

Sorry for the hijack.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

You want a collar on that!

wrecker
    Free Member

I bought some stuff from uniqlo recently. The boxer shorts are the most comfortable I’ve ever owned, and the selvedge denim is very good for the money, but the plain tee shirts are not great at all. Very thin.
    Find some hanes, miles better.

Frankers
    Free Member

I really rate Hanes Beefy Ts for thicker cotton T’s

They also make thinner versions too, great value and excellent quality. No labels either 🙂

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Many deals to be had at sports direct.
    Puma tees much sturdiness/ quality.

onewheelgood

Rapa Nui are on SportPursuit at the moment.

Sundayjumper

The “Kirkland” own-label ones in Costco fit your requirements perfectly. I’m 6’4″ / 85kg and the large ones fit me really well. I’ve got about a dozen of them. I’m wearing one right now in fact. And they’re pretty cheap too.

jambourgie
    Free Member

The “Kirkland” own-label ones in Costco fit your requirements perfectly. I’m 6’4″ / 85kg and the large ones fit me really well. I’ve got about a dozen of them. I’m wearing one right now in fact. And they’re pretty cheap too.

Brilliant, thanks! Never been to Costco. Is it like Macro where you have to join up or something?

oldboy
    Free Member

Decathlon are currency selling “wicking” Tee-shirts for £3.99. 100% synthetic, though.

Sundayjumper

jam – yep, you have to join up, it’s about £25/year IIRC so not worth it just for the t-shirts !

I’ve just measured one for reference, laid flat it’s 20″ pit-to-pit & 29″ from the very top (i.e. back of the neck) to the hem. They’re longer than any other shirts I have.

I’d offer to send you one but strangers from the internet posting their used underwear is a bit…. err…. niche 😕 Happy to pick up a new pack for you next time I go and bung it in the post. It’ll be a couple of weeks from now.

tetchypete
    Free Member

Hanes slim fit for me, long enough to tuck in yer keks and good quality. Cheap too.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Sundayjumper – Member
    I’d offer to send you one but strangers from the internet posting their used underwear is a bit…. err…. niche Happy to pick up a new pack for you next time I go and bung it in the post. It’ll be a couple of weeks from now.

😆

That’s really good of you mate, cheers. However, on your recommendation I found the same ones on Amazon and Ebay. Good to have the measurements though. It’s hard work being a lanky sod sometimes.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Haynes beefy T’s for me 9 quid on ebay last ages, excellent quality.

djambo
    Free Member

I bought some stuff from uniqlo recently. The boxer shorts are the most comfortable I’ve ever owned,

I’m a big fan of uniqlo heattec base layers. quite good for riding/hiking in and i seem to always be wearing them around the house or under shirts in the winter. cheap and last ages too!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘T-Shirts – seen any good bargains for decent T's?’ is closed to new replies.