Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • T-mobile as a network – what are they like?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

good/bad/ugy? Experiences? coverage etc?

althepal

No probs with the network in general.
    Bit of a pita when you’re using 3G Internet and it jumps onto orange cos their signal is stronger- slows it right down IMO.
    Customer service is a pita to get through to as well, although not when you press the option to leave them..

jambalaya
    Free Member

Much of a muchness versus the competition (Vodfone, O2) in terms of service and coverage. Hard to get too excited about any of them really.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Best signal I’ve had, best customer service I’ve had, and during the wilderness of mapping in Pembrokeshire I got signal and fast Internet everywhere.

Farmer_John
    Free Member

It’s probably the best coverage you can get on 2G and 3G now – Orange / T-Mobile (no matter who you connect to your phone will roam across both networks) have 50% more 3G transmitters that Vodafone or o2 and not far off that for 2G. I’ve got a work Vodafone and can’t remember the last time I had “no service” on T-mobile – on the former the 2G is ok but 3G is non existent outside major towns / cities. Three aren’t far behind though – they share a lot of masts with T-Mobile via their network sharing joint venture.

seavers
    Free Member

I’m on Orange/T-mobile. I guess they have joined forces but my money goes to Orange. I find them good until I am online. Sloooooooooow. So much so I don’t bother. Friends on the same also have a slow connection. I tried to pick up emails while camping and doing the 7 Stanes a couple of weeks ago. I gave up.

cp

I’m always amazed I at the coverage of the high speed 3G stuff – far far better and faster when you are connected than O2 ever was for me.

stumpy01

Been with them for 2 years after swapping from Vodafone. No complaints so far.

grantway
    Free Member

Well for thew past couple of days there signal is not working in London
    and if it does its very patchy

spooky_b329

No complaints here, often the only person to have a signal when we are out in the sticks.

Internet seems nice and quick, good enough for streaming youtube etc.

djc1245
    Free Member

I find them pretty good, always seem to have a good signal

djc1245
    Free Member

I also got a broadband dongle for the laptop for £10 per month. Renewed it after a year and got £10 per month off, works fine too.

Bez

Coverage just depends where you are. Once you start moving around they’re all much of a muchness these days – just check signals at home and work.

I always found their customer service excellent – the phone was picked up quickly, by someone in the UK, who answered my questions. Couldn’t fault them for that. (Same goes for O2, FWIW.)

Mikkel
    Free Member

i changed to T mobile not long ago, and have found there is lots of tiny little “pockets” where you don’t get signal at all, the overlap of their transmitters is very small it seems, but when you have signal i always get good data speed.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘T-mobile as a network – what are they like?’ is closed to new replies.