• This topic has 21 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by 10.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • System of a Down 'Toxicity'
  • travellingman
    Free Member

Haven’t really listened to this album for some time but kind of feel compelled to say it’s AWESOME!

Self titled is pretty bloody good as well, doffing caps to the Dead Kennedys and all that..

falkirk-mark

I found mine today up in my boys room along with a lot of other CDs I thought I had lost (specials,elbow etc)

travellingman
    Free Member

Play it loud fella!

Tom-B
    Free Member

One of my all time favourite albums! I’m listening to ‘Steal This Album’ quite a bit of late-really underated 🙂

flip
    Free Member

Indeed, i love em, listen to it lots when i was getting divorced 👿

travellingman
    Free Member

Tom B – Need to get ‘Steal this Album’. Apparently, outtakes from the Toxicity sessions and very good too by all accounts..

As a a counterpoint flip, I’ve just met this really nice lady and it’s kind of been the sound track to well, er everything..

plop_pants
    Free Member

something, something, jet pilot, something, something, over the bay!?????
    What does it all mean? Does it mean anything? Just a bit annoying when I can’t sing along to their stuff as the lyrics are so bloomin wacky.

iolo
    Free Member

Serge Tankian does some fantastic stuff alone too.

user-removed
    Free Member

I only ever started listening to them a few years back after watching a mtb vid with this as the soundtrack – went out and bought pretty much all their albums….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVScfpKTre4[/video]

HermanShake
    Free Member

Self titled is superior; much darker, more mysterious and raw. But Toxicity is more polished.

Shake your spear at Shakespeare!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-IRXrBC00g&feature=related[/video]

travellingman
    Free Member

Who cares what the lyrics are? The early stuff is admirably political ‘though.

The tunes are bloomin’ ‘tastic and that’s the most important thing.

travellingman
    Free Member

How are you doing iolo? Read your stuff earlier. Pretty heartfelt mate.. Life can be a right bastard but it does get better. You’ve just got to build up to it in realistic segments.

Exercise, good diet, people and being meaningfully occupied.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You tube fir the string quartet doing Toxity too. A cracking cover. But yes, amazing band.

Garry_Lager

Great album – Serj is the man.

Bit too much democracy in SoaD land. Some awful efforts from the other guy on the latter two albums – both singing and songwriting. Even saying that, if they had merged the two into one it would have been a really strong album. Serj needs to take the reins again.

travellingman
    Free Member

Well put Garry. Their later work doesn’t really cut it and why did Serj let go of vocal duties when he had/has such a distinctive voice?

Beyond me..

Kato

I never even liked that sort of music but got forced to listen to it and thought it was ace

LOUD

hora
    Free Member

Very melodic

tazzymtb

got it, never really took to it at the time, it seemed to be trying to hard and failing to deliver at every level (not hard enough, not crazy enough, not dark enough,) sort of american radio friendly corporate rock really. Dug it out again recently and chop suey is ok for listening to in the car, but still rather bland for me.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I like it.

I have hypnotise “or whatever its called” which i used to love.

16stonepig
    Free Member

Not bad for a “difficult second album”

julianwilson
    Free Member

Serj rules!

Not so keen on Daron’s voice. Or lyrics. First three plus ‘elect the dead’ and ‘Serart’ for me then.

yep. all that.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘System of a Down 'Toxicity'’ is closed to new replies.