Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Syringes
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Where’s the best place to get syringes from?

For filling forks with oil rather than anything else you lot might think of.

chrispy

I got some from Ebay, they were pretty cheap too.

BoardinBob

Chemists. I bought two 5ml ones the other night from the chemist in Morrisons. 50p each.

Northwind

I go to ebay for convenience but chemists and veterinary supplies places are cheaper

Rubber-Duck

Not sure which ones you specificaly require, but I recently bought some off of e bay. Cheap as chips. Using them for squeezing bathroom sealant to tight spots, rather than anything else you lot might think of.

snaps
    Free Member

I use these for putting sealant into tyres via tubeless valves
    Ebay

Junkyard
    Free Member

vets locally wil usually have what you require but quite dear

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Just pretend you’re a injecting drug user, free from the NHS I believe.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Didn’t even think about ebay! Ordering some 20ml ones. 🙂

CHB

I have some 50ml ones (sterile turemo branded) that I bought on Ebay (box of hundred!). Happy to post them out to fellow STW’ers for £1 each including postage. Min QTY of two. Please email from profile.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Damn! would have taken you up on that had I not just ordered some 🙁

CHB

Also great for handling DOT5 and mineral oil when doing brakes.

DickBarton

My local vets gave me a large selection for free a few years back…large = about 8 all various sizes.

Being diabetic I’ve plenty of old syringes, unfortunately they all have needles attached to them (U-100’s) and can’t be removed without breaking them.

Did have a few glass syringes from yesteryear but my parent’s decided they wanted to keep them for some reason (probably some sick recollection thing – or a newly developed drug habit that they hide from us!)…

Local vet would be my suggestion.

fisha
    Free Member

local vet / pharmacy. i get them from a nurse friend. If you explain what you need it for, then most people are quite accommodating.

Northwind

TuckerUK – Member

Just pretend you’re a injecting drug user, free from the NHS I believe.

You’d have to be quite a user to get syringes big enough for fork work!

TheGingerOne

I got a couple of the plastic ones used to give babies medicine. They were from the pharmacy counter at Boots and about 73p each. Only 5ml though

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Syringes’ is closed to new replies.