Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SXC – Fitness
  • monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Sooo, I’m considering doing my first proper XC race soon in the form of the Scottish champs at Drumlanrig. I’m trying to get a gauge of my (lack of) fitness so I’ve timed myself going fairly hard around GT black, now, I don’t want this to become a willy wave or equally embarrass myself by posting my pathetic time so would the more experienced among you be able to give me a guide on the times I should be looking at getting round said course for the different categories? I imagine open is the cat I should be looking at??

Cheers!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Gt black andy barlow was 1:35 iirc hub ti hub – closest i got was 1:49 when i was at the sharp end of sport/tail end of expert ……

Ente open first time round if you do well move up to age group !

Sxcs are fun !!

cynic-al
    Free Member

What if said…but just do the race and don’t worry about embarrassment…the fun is in improving.

The courses are great.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

1:35!!! Madness!

You’ve settled me slightly with 1:49 tho, I don’t imagine I’ll ever be doing all that well but it’d be nice not to be getting my arse handed to me as per DH racing!

Thanks for the replies.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Worth looking an results to see how you might fare- Barlow was top elite, they in way quicker than say sport.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SXC – Fitness’ is closed to new replies.