• This topic has 111 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by s.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • Sworn at in a shop. Who to complain to?
  • Admiralable
    Free Member

I took my 9 year old son to the local Gamestation at the weekend. To get a nice shiney new XBOX and Kinect. To find it was closed. There was no signs up to say it was closed they all said they were open. I pulled on the door to see if they were open. Only to be told “F*** OFF we’re closed!!” Now I’ve emailed their head office to be told that they have passed the information onto the store manager and area manager but thats all they can do. Now to me this sounds like they are just sweeping it under the carpet and hoping I let it go. I don’t want to let it go though. I wanna go all out. Where’s my next port of call? I know that the Mail would probably love a story where a 9 year old is sworn at by a shop employee. But I don’t want to go that far yet…….

binners

I know that the Mail would probably love a story where a 9 year old is sworn at by a shop employee. But I don’t want to go that far yet…….

Daily Express?

thehustler
    Free Member

get a life and get over it and buy the xbox somewhere else would seem an ideal starting point

khani
    Free Member

Back to the shop when it’s open, see if they like it

Admiralable
    Free Member

get a life and get over it and buy the xbox somewhere else would seem an ideal starting point

We have. But thats not the point. How would you react if I swore at you or your son in a shop I worked in?

pixelmix
    Free Member

+1 The Hustler.

What did you expect head office to do? In my experience of store managers and area managers, they will be annoyed at the staff attitude (at the end of the day, your lost sale has affected their ability to meet their targets) and I’m sure that the employee will get hauled up for it.

MrNutt
    Free Member

would you like to borrow my lighter?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Local paper. Make sure you & kiddie get a ‘shocked’ photo infront of the door to go in the local rag together with a daily mailesque headline!

philconsequence
    Free Member

david cameron

or failing that… Mr T

GlitterGary
    Free Member

*Puts kettle on*

djglover
    Free Member

I’d take my business elsewhere and focus my efforts on something else. It would view it as character building.

Admiralable
    Free Member

I like the idea of Mr T.

Got a Fan Mail address wonder if that would work?

Mr. T
    Brady, Brannon & Rich
    5670 Wilshire Blvd.
    Suite 820
    Los Angeles, CA 90036
    USA

soobalias
    Free Member

count yourself lucky i havent reported your post for deliberate swear filter avoidance.

Admiralable
    Free Member

count yourself i havent reported your post for deliberate swear filter avoidance.

Kind of integral to the post though 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Surely Mr. T’s address is just

Mr. T

Admiralable
    Free Member

Mr. T

Lol

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Have you not got anything more important to do in your life?

z1ppy

Did you see who swore at you? Go back when there open and identify him to store manager & again report it to the head office to make sure something happens. Unprofessional of them pure and simple.
    If they can’t do there job without resorting to swearing @ customers, I’m sure theres a couple of the 2.5 million unemployed who might like the chance of a job.
    Hey I’m no prude, I have thought of many ‘customers’ as utter idiots, but you don’t say it to their face (and keep your job).

chewkw
    Free Member

Piss into a bottle and leave it for 2 weeks marinating to increase it’s odour power.

Then empty the content of the entire bottle into the shop when they are closed or outside the door.

Sit and watch … bet it will stink to high heaven.

Oh watch out for surrounding CCTV …

😆

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

the hustler – Member

big deal…lol NOT!!!

who cares! why u going out of your way to do this? i would give a shit, i prob would have said **** u and walked out lol

thehustler
    Free Member

To find it was closed. There was no signs up to say it was closed they all said they were open. I pulled on the door to see if they were open.

just a thought why did you check the door to see if they were open unless you had prior knowledge that they were closed? In which case you probably bought it on yourself

DezB
    Free Member

i prob would have said **** u and walked out lol

Wise words mate

wwaswas

there’s a whole website for this sort thing;

Angry people in local newspapers: http://apiln.blogspot.com/%5D

Jamie
    Free Member

Mr. T

You will need the full address, as otherwise the postie will assume you made a mistake and it will go automatically to Chuck Norris.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Go back to the shop and go through the motions of buying the xbox and doohickey but end every sentence with the word ****. I’d recommend starting with your greeting, something like “hello ****” would probably suffice.

Please feel free to substitute any word you like for the asterisks, I had something fairly obvious and sweary in mind but you could be really nice about it and just say “love”. I think both options would probably freak out your average sales assistant.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Back to the shop when it’s open, see if they like it

+1

But that is my opinion. Others may say leave it, but they probably care less about what others say or do in front of their kids. i would wait till the offender was talking to another customer, then interrupt with a ‘very brief question’ ..Why did you tell me to etc.

Alternatively, go back in, on your own, ask lots of questions, line up lots of stuff to buy, including all the little bits of fiddly stuff. Then when you get to the till, Oooh! just remembered, bloke in here told me something, which i must make sure i do. He told me to **** off, so, I’ll do that. Thanks for the advice.

pedalhead
    Free Member

With your 9 yr-old child standing next to you? Classy.

wwaswas

I’m not sure my 9 year old would be bothered.

She’d hear worse on any 20 minute car journey with her mother driving.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I once weed through the letterbox of woolworths after some shabby treatment.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Personally, if someon swore at me I’d take it up with them there and then, not run off to the Internet looking for advice.

Just sen chew’s post – good idea, but wait till the weather’s a bit warmer

or try calling the shop, asking to speak to the manager, tell him/her/it you’re from the local press and there have been complaints about “inappropriate touching” of children by staff. A name or two from badges might help. Ask if they’d care to comment.

hora
    Free Member

I’m afraid you’ve missed your opportunity.

I would have opened the door further and asked the person to repeat what they said.

uplink
    Free Member

Just go in on Saturday morning, stand at the counter and ask for an explanation of why you were told to **** off when you tried to shop earlier in the week

Don’t move until the manager comes to see you

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Erm…..

Bombers?

Can’t believe I was the first to suggest that.

If you’re feeling civilised you could just talk to the manager with bombers in your hand, to show you’re serious like

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

pedalhead – Member
    With your 9 yr-old child standing next to you? Classy.

even more classy when someone tells your dad to **** off 😉

now u look like a **** infront of your kid and he then thinks its normal to be spoken to like that 😉

classy!

got nothing to do with class. just stand up for your self. pff

MSP

I would identify the culprit, find out which school he went to and complain to the head of English about the failure to install the correct standard required to communicate in adult life.
    I would then grow a moustache, buy a tweed suit and pretend I used to be a major in the army in order to write a letter to the telegraph complaining that this isn’t what I fought for.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’m afraid you’ve missed your opportunity.

I would have opened the door further and asked the person to repeat what they said.

i have some sympathy with that idea, but you got young lad with you.

philconsequence
    Free Member

bring them a gift basket full of tasty muffins. apologise for trying to enter the shop whilst they were closed.

we could all do with more friends in this crazy world :mrgreen:

pedalhead
    Free Member

even more classy when someone tells your dad to **** off

now u look like a **** infront of your kid and he then thinks its normal to be spoken to like that

classy!

got nothing to do with class. just stand up for your self. pff

I don’t fancy getting into an argument about it, but clearly we have different parenting theories.

hora
    Free Member

The issue is your lad was with you. His Father was sworn at (indirectly or directly) and you turned back.

This is not inflammatory and hindsight is an amazing thing but you should have challenged him/her to come forward and explain/apologise.

Again its all hindsight being wonderful and you was in a difficult position. I don’t think you’d achieve anything now apart from denials and a standard placating response from the Manager.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with Mr T. He lives in America and all mail to him has to go by boat.

*secretly hopes that you go to the shop demand an apology and the manager says ‘I’m really ******* sorry’*

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Sworn at in a shop. Who to complain to?’ is closed to new replies.