Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Switched from iPhone to Android – download music transfer question
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I’ve got 12,000 songs all downloaded on iPhone 6 128gb. I want to transfer the files onto my new Sony Xperia Compact X with a 128gb SD card.

I was running iTunes and Google Play on my laptop and sync’ing my iPhone with iTunes whenever I downloaded new music or created playlists. It looks like Google Play has kept up-to-date, syncing with iTunes, but only in the cloud.

To ensure all artists, albums, playlists transfer correctly to the Sony, I was looking at using the doubleTwist app, because with Google Play, I’m sure I’d have to manually download each album separately.

What would be the easiest way to transfer?

Stevet1
    Free Member

12,000 songs?
    Twelve…thousand…songs?
    TWELVE THOUSAND!!

prawny

Right clicl – select all – wait.

Android phones are a lot easier to transfer music too, they don’t even care how many layers of folders there in.

It’s the one thing that hacks me off about my iphone. Especially when it suddenly decides not to copy certain tracks off an album with no explanation.

zippykona

Google play won’t play all my tunes. I’ve no idea why.
    Power amp plays everything though.
    Not as easy to use as itunes as I have to drag and drop to my chip.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Right-click and select all where? I want to move the playlists as well as the songs.

kiksy
    Free Member

Upload them all to Google Play Music (it’s free) and then just stream? If you want them offline then you can download them.

nickc

1. Open iTunes.
    2. Highlight desired playlist
    3. Click ‘File’ tab.
    4. Scroll down to ‘Library’.
    5. Select ‘Export Playlist’.
    6. Click ‘.txt’ tab and scroll down to ‘.m3u’.
    7. Click ‘Save’. [You should probably save it to your desktop.]
    8. Connect your sony via USB. make sure the SD card is in
    10. From your computer, navigate to the SD card.
    11. Drop the m3u file(s) into directory sdcard/Music/. [Make sure they aren’t being placed into an artist folder.]
    12. Let your SD card load up then navigate to ‘Playlists’ in your music player and Robert is your father’s brother.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Great, thanks Nick. And can I just drag and drop all artist folders from desktop to sdcard/Music/ too?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Use the Sony software. It’ll do it for you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Switched from iPhone to Android – download music transfer question’ is closed to new replies.