Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Swiss Speeding Fine
  • hot_fiat

I’ve received a speeding fine in the post from the ruthlessly efficient Swiss Police. They got me on camera doing 83k in a 60k tunnel in a hire car a few weeks ago.

I’m inclined to ignore it.

What say yea?

molgrips
    Free Member

No, if you ever want to go to Switzerland again…..

wwaswas

“I’m inclined to ignore it”

bit like the speed limits, then?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

International arrest warrant coming your way

Get your tinfoil hat out.

scotia
    Free Member

they will keep chasing you, had a friend do the same. just pay it and then abide by the speed limits in future?

mudshark
    Free Member

Bloomin’ Swiss can shut up until they change their banking system I say….

scotia
    Free Member

mudshark, got nothing to do with the banking system. if some w*nker comes over here, hires a car then refuses to pay the fees cos he went too fast (name like hot fiat it doesnt suprise..) its a bit sh*tty really.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

oxymoron or likely to burst into flames cos of an electrical fault?

grynch
    Free Member

hot fiat, if you ever plan on coming here again pay up.. they will keep track and the fine goes up Chf 30.– ( at least ) every time they have to send a little reminder notice.

grynch
    Free Member

and thats another thing… *rambling now* .. boy racers.. whats with them and Fiats and Peugot 106’s tricked out…

*shaking my head*

kids these days.

redthunder
    Free Member

They’ll get you….

I think the keys are a bit daft 😉

Moses

That’ll be fun if you go there ski-ing sometime or need to go on business. They’ll stop you at the border, and it’ll cost more than just a speeding fine by then.

hora
    Free Member

I’d pay up. TBH there is an Italian scam going on which is fake, you shouldnt pay up but you could end up being extradited if you ignore it!!

terrahawk
    Free Member

Mr Sparkle got one of them when we went to Swisslannd. I think he was desperate to get away from my riveting conversation so put his foot down big style.

Anyway…i don’t think he paid it.

hora
    Free Member

I’m just wondering if the same awaits me in Belgium and Holland…mind you I was in a different car back then so should be ok 🙄

hot_fiat

Hmmm… I suspect that if it was a different country with a more laid back police force, say France or Spain, then most of the replies would have been “ignore it”. I can just see the Swiss locking the information away for the rest of eternity though and so the chequebook will have to come out.

lister

ha ha, duff got caught at last! there is a god 🙂

i hope they come and get you and make you live there as punishment you careless, naughty man.

carbon337
    Free Member

What rules do the Swiss have for proving who was driving. Just say you have no way of knowing who was behind the wheel at that time, they may not have a rule that auto penalises the name on the hire agreement. You might get lucky.

Flaperon

In these situations my understanding is that if you don’t pay, the hire car company will do it on behalf and then charge the credit card they have on file, along with a hefty processing fee.

JulianA
    Free Member

If you can’t do the time, don’t commit the crime…

juan
    Free Member

with a more laid back police force, say France

PMSL that must be irony right.

uplink
    Free Member

As Flaperon said
    I’d be cancelling that card now if you intend avoiding the fine

retro83
    Free Member

how much is the fine?

mieszko
    Free Member

My mum was visiting my sister in Melbourne. My sister had enough points for speeding so kindly asked if she could tell my mum was driving her car. All ok. Mum went back home, and after about 3-4 weeks she got a speeding fine posted to her house in Poland all the way from Australia 🙂 That’s efficency 😉 Probably cost them more to find out my mums address than the fine itself. My sister paid it in the end but avoided the points.

The thing with the hire company charging Your credit card might be right, as probably You are not the first person that got a speeding fine driving a hire car. I would probably pay it as well for peace of mind, after all You did brake the law by speeding… Maybe wait for a better exchange rate and then pay 😉

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Mieszko I think you’ll find that’s perverting the course of justice and some time in the clink if you get caught … over here!!

Just pay it,it’s only a fine, you won’t have points put on your licence.

mieszko
    Free Member

Well I’m the good and honest one, my sister and mum are the evil ones, all women are. <runs away and hides> 😉

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Hey Juan, that’s not fair, the French police are pretty laid back…when it’s between around 1230 and 1400 because you don’t see them – for some reason their cars are always parked outside restaurants. Wanna speed in France? Try around these times!

And lister – is that really the case? If all I had to do to live in Switzerland was to get done for speeding then I’m going there right now to see what I can do.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Swiss Speeding Fine’ is closed to new replies.