Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Swinnertons – Cannock Chase parking
  • blaggers
    Free Member

Do you have to pay for parking if you're just popping into Swinnertons at Cannock Chase? Is there a free 30 mins type thing there?

scruff
    Free Member

Think you need to pay. £'s goes to upgrading the facilities and the clearing of pebbles from the trails. There is a funny lookng man with a beard who checks the tickets, Snakebite got a ticket a few weeks ago from him.

st

It's a quid for an hour or 3 quid for the full day.

No grace period though.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

surely if your just poping into the shop you could park close enough and buy a ticekt if you see an inspector?

snakebite
    Free Member

that's what I thought….

rOcKeTdOg

Is this parking fee included in the ride permit or is it extra on top?

I_Ache
    Free Member

I just drive up to the parking area by the shop and park near their van. Nobody has ever said anything to me and TBH if you are just going to the shop then I dont think they can argue much because by shopping there you are indirectly giving them money. I am assuming they pay rent to the FC.

blaggers
    Free Member

Cheers,

I'll keep an eye out for the beardy man, is he forestry commission?

How much was the fine snakebite?

st

Like parking anywhere really, you can take a chance on not paying and hope not to get a ticket.

Arguing that your were buying something from the shop isn't going to get you out of a ticket.

Plus how is it any different to a shop in a town centre? They pay business rates but it doesn't mean you can use supporting local shops as a reason to get out of a parking fine.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

And would it not be one of those unenforceable 'fines' anyway?

goog
    Free Member

go to Halfords ! its got free parking and the goods on offer are better 8)

snakebite
    Free Member

fine was £60, reduced to £30 if i paid in 14 days

postierich
    Free Member

snakebite – Member
    fine was £60, reduced to £30 if i paid in 14 days

Jesus thats a tad steep!!!!!

Have parked there before for free after my pass ran out but looks like they are clamping down big time on the mtb tourists.

I,ve seen the beardy weirdy nazi he takes no prisoners!!!!!

Rich
    Free Member

Last time I was there I'm sure it didn't say about getting a fine if you don't display a ticket, does it now? And if not, can you still legally be fined?

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Is this parking fee included in the ride permit or is it extra on top?

When even scruff and snakebite don't mention the permit, it's time to let it go….

…I was once unable to pay for parking cos the machine had a big machine condom on and a sign syaing 'Pay at the Forestry Office' (or something) but it wasn't open. No Nazi beards. 830 or so in the morning. Not much help mind, OP, cos swinnertons wasn't open either.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Swinnertons – Cannock Chase parking’ is closed to new replies.