Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Swinley today…
  • slimsi
    Free Member

Said it before but Swinley on a dry & relatively quiet day is absolutely superb and you can lap the blue & red couple of times quickly…greatest place in south east IMHO

So much effort to put into making most of the terrain…only spoil was a d**k shouting at his 6-7 year old kid on blue route telling him to stop behaving like f*****g di*kh**d and rice. Poor kid look knackered and clearly didn’t want to ride!

chip
    Free Member

I was there saturday too, enjoyed it as always especially as I am starting to get a little air.
    There were two ambulances driving out of the car park as I drove in and another one plus a fire engine at the start of the blue trail when I got there.

Don’t know what happened but hope no one was hurt to badly.

JoeG
    Free Member

f*****g di*kh**d and rice

😯

Is that some sort of ethnic dish? 😕 Never heard of that before. 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think it’s a northern one 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Bit like the Welsh “half and half” I think.

ChrisI

chip – Member
    I was there saturday too, enjoyed it as always especially as I am starting to get a little air.
    There were two ambulances driving out of the car park as I drove in and another one plus a fire engine at the start of the blue trail when I got there.

Don’t know what happened but hope no one was hurt to badly.
    If that was around 12:30pm then one of them was a chap called Des who broke his collar bone on Red 15 after crashing hard. I was the first on the scene and me and the missus helped his mates get him to the medics. He should be all patched up by now I hope.

thepurist

Chris – were you the folks pushing 4 bikes back up that way? Seemed a bit earlier than that so might have been 2 collar bones there on Sat. Poor bloke looked white as a sheet – get well soon!

anagallis_arvensis

just got back from swinley myself, its quite good isn’t it.

chip
    Free Member

It was 12:54, I checked my watch as I drove in after having spent an eternity at snails pace on the m25.

I am always crashing due to my getting a bit carried away but thanks to good fortune and decent padding and lid, no injuries so far.

Hope they get well and back in the saddle soon.

mikemorini
    Free Member

First time visit yesterday afternoon.
    I resurrected my 26″ Sanderson life, which I’ve not ridden for over a year, thinking a Singular Gryphon (with flat bars) was not the tool for the job.
    Having been overtaken by a group including a few rigid 29ers I guess I was wrong.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Been this morning. Started at 8:15 , which was a bit quieter than when we got back, as it was heaving. One mate went to the café to get some drinks and came back empty handed. Said he wasn’t paying those prices !! Riding was great, labyrinth is starting to get brake dips in there now. Still people worried about their hair and riding without a lid 🙄
    Good to see kids riding with their parents. One lad must have been 7 or 8 and we had problems keeping up !!

anagallis_arvensis

I got there about 10:30 car park was rammed and blue a bit busy but red pretty quiet.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Top of the Labyrinth was heaving with the down hillers etc. Mate had a slow puncture in there and we waited at the bottom for him and the riders were spewing out like on a conveyer belt. We had a great ride today there.

slimsi
    Free Member

Good to hear so many enjoying it….it blows away any trail centre between here (Kent) and over to Bristol way…

Surrey Hill is good if you know where to go but that gets rammed as well from what I hear…

Bagstard
    Free Member

I was there Saturday and really enjoyed it, there are some really fast sections that can catch you out.

njee20
    Free Member

Surrey Hill is good if you know where to go but that gets rammed as well from what I hear…

Nothing like as bad, the car parks are the busiest areas, but people generally want to just be seen leaning on their Audi with their full face hung on the bars of their Santa Cruz.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Njee, true. Saw a lot of 3ft travel dh rigs all new and shiny in the carpark, unlike my knacked 456 and a fat knacker covered in black dust from liberous layers of mossie repellent turning into a glue like substance !!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

You’re amazing

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Swinley today…’ is closed to new replies.