Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Swinley: Routes and conditions
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

Hi everyone, planning to head to Swinley tomorrow for the first time. Is it fairly obvious where to find the good trails or are they hidden? I’ve got a Garmin, so GPS routes (pref. Tracklogs) would be great if you have them. If not, any online maps showing the details would be appreciated.

Any idea what conditions will be like? I’m expecting a thawing mudfest, but hoping for a hard freeze tonight.

Cheers,

Rich

Alfadan
    Free Member

If it freezes you should be ok but was very muddy last weekend and we have had lots of snow/rain since so could be quite heavy going on some tracks. You will have to do a bit of asking around and looking to find the trails, they are not all that obvious.

Enjoy

Biffer
    Free Member

Rich – I have some stuff on Tracklogs you can have. Drop me a mail on biff dot baker @ btconnect dot com

glenp
    Free Member

Be more like Swimley.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother if I were you. It’ll be a massive bog and without a guide you’ll never find most of the trails….

Biffer
    Free Member

Tracklog file sent Rich 🙂

RichPenny
    Free Member

Cheers biffer. I’m going to ignore the wimps, unless it’s physically impossible for me to get there. In that case, I’ll ride in the wiltshire alps….

Anna-B
    Free Member

Thanks Biffer cos I’m going too, and if I’m going to be stuck in a bog there, I’d rather not be lost as well….

smurf
    Free Member

Drop me an email – I have a few GPS logs for Swinley, including the famous(?) STW ride in Jan 09

simon AT murfin DOT org DOT uk

RichPenny
    Free Member

Thanks for the Tracklog and the PDF biffer, that should do the trick. Will mail you too smurf, can never have too many routes 🙂

Anna, when have I ever got us lost? OK, there was that time in the Black Mountains where we almost died, but we were still having fun 😉

cinnamon_girl

I live very close to Swinley and it’s currently wet sleeting it down. I certainly wouldn’t bother cos the ground will be saturated.

Keep an eye on here cos there’s often rides going out and it does help having a local to show you around. One of the routes that Smurf has is from the very famous and well supported STW Forum Ride last month – the sick, lame, lazy and Marin riders group seemed to enjoy it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Swinley: Routes and conditions’ is closed to new replies.