Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Swinley Ride this Thursday
  • disben

Ok – just been reading the forums and after keeping on seeing swinley – realised im not that far from it (NW London – 45 mins drive). So thinking of going on thursday as have day off.

1stly – anyone around there on thursday fancy showing me around

2ndly – are there any specific tracks that i should try – and if so where are they on the map / how do i find them…? Im riding a XC hardtail – hopefully shoudnt limit me – but not seen them woods yet…?

3rdly – are there any better maps than the one i found on the local swinley website – http://www.gorrick.co.uk/swinley/map.php – specifically ones that show the mtb area in more detail…?

auricgoldfinger

If you’re on Facebook, there is a Swinley Forest Group on there – they are heading out all day on Thursday.

I’m not aware of any decent maps – I’d offer to take you myself, but I’m working : (

petetheplumber
    Free Member

I will be riding Thursday daytime; can show you around no problem I do about 15 miles 99% single track. I tend to ride faster down hill and slow backup and love the tech bits.

disben

pete – that sounds just like my kind of ride – what time you going there – i have to be heading home around 5.30….

Count
    Free Member

We have a smallish group riding late afternoon to evening so day to almost night, i.e probably need lights by the finish.

Our standard is pretty relaxed, easy pace on climbs, standing around at the top pretending we don’t need to get our breath back and then hell for leather (ish) on twisty bits depending on how fast you want to go.

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

Disben,
    I can vouch for Pete’s expertise in knowing the forest and all the best bits! – you’ll learn alot and have a good time with the trails he’ll show you!

petetheplumber
    Free Member

Dr_UpGrade I got your email as soon as i get an evening or weekend off i will give you a shout. Hope all is ok with you..

disben I can meet you about 11am and ride to about 2pm ish. I will be outside the building on an ellsworth you can find the carpark easy and you need £2 for a day permit.

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

Hi Pete,
    No worries Mate! Needs must and all that… I wish I could bog off early during the day sometimes, especially with all this good weather we’ve had… Gotta show you my new hemlock anyhow!

Some days I might be able to get out of here about 4pm so meet ya’ in the woods by about 4.30 some days maybe. How would that sit with your work?

petetheplumber
    Free Member

Dr_UpGrade Riding or work no contest, I can tell the office theres a traffic jam…..

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

LOL…
    OK, I’ll mail ya’ about a possible time for next week!

Cheers,

forge197
    Free Member

I am riding Swinley tomorrow (Thursday) AM if anyone is interested probably a 9am start plannng to do a 16 – 17 mile loop taking in the new bit.

The work planned for tomorrow has moved to next week so the long weekend starts tomorrow 🙂

Swinley Day Permits Online

smurf
    Free Member

Wish I could join you. Hoping to get to Swinley once or twice over the weekend with my dad. I’ll probably follow the track I took when I was with you forge197.

If anyone wants the few GPS routes I have and a couple of maps, please get in touch.

simon AT murfin DOT org DOT uk

smurf

disben

petetheplumber – sounds good! im on a red spesh harttail! – will try get the day permit online!

heihei

petetheplumber / disben

room for one more?? have ridden swinley a bit before now but still keen to learn more. a 3hr blast sounds spot on. ok if i join you?

Reluctant
    Free Member

You lucky b*s*a*ds, say hi to the woods from me! 😆

petetheplumber
    Free Member

heihei Can’t see a problem, Reluctant Have a nice day at work I will be thinking of you. if you like i will give you a call halfway round just to say hello like 😉

heihei

Cheers. On a white turner.

disben

Ok now have permit (printed email is ok apparently) etc – so all go for tomorrow – looking forward to it!

disben

Back from the ride – thanks Pete – great guide as vouched Dr! May have to come back sooner rather than later!

peaslaker
    Free Member

Just got back in from Count’s evening ride. We had a few members of the group only available to ride at varying times through the evening but Count and myself put in an epic from 4pm to half past 8. The trails seemed to be riding really well, better for the little bit of rain we had today.

I’d fallen out with Swinley a bit but that ride has got me right back into it. Awesome fun.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Ride this Thursday’ is closed to new replies.