Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Swinley – how is it funded?
  • burko73

It’s basic supply and demand. Easter holiday, Whitsun holiday half term, summer holidays the car park is full and MV is shut most days by 1pm. We just run out of capacity. You can still bike or walk in for free though if you’re local.

Think of the upper price as the usual price but discounted off peak to attract more visitors when there is excess capacity. You can also buy a season ticket for £50 which is pretty good value IMO. I go to lepe country park to fish/ take the little un to the beach/ walk the dog etc and I just buy a season ticket for £45 or so as I hate pay and display parking.

I went to llandegla the other day( month..). That cost me £4 for a ride around the red there. Was prob there for 2 hrs max and it was raining. Good to see the private sector getting involved though.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

You’d be surprised at what we can get away with h&s wise if we can’t allow it there’s a pretty good reason for it.

That’s my experience of the FC too, as well as being proactive opening channels of discussion when discovering ‘illegal’ trails and riding spots. There’s currently talks on the island (IoW) over various jump sites on various FC properties. There’s some resentment as a few have been blocked (due to shoddy construction and littering, on the whole), but ironically the ranger is very pro-biking and open to ideas.

My experience suggests part of the problem is (like most of the public sector) he’s overworked with a huge patch, so sorting out a jump spot isn’t the largest priority and, as with all large organisations, there’s a lot of processes that need to happen behind the scenes before anything physical actually appears to be happening.

Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Swinley – how is it funded?’ is closed to new replies.