Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Swinley Forest – Stickler, today AM….. (rant)
  • GaryBanham
    Free Member

Right, I’m a decent chap on the trails letting people past if they’re faster, having more fun or if the trail flows better in the direction they are going. However as we know Swinley is NOT a trail centre so it’s only common sense and respect for other riders that govern direction.

I was going into Stickler via the new entrance(not from tank traps end) and working on my cornering nice and relaxed and some guy with a go pro on his head shouted at me that I was going in the wrong direction after I even made a little space for him ( he may have been out of breath hence shouting out but I don’t think this was the case), somewhat bugged by this I called out to him to stop and discuss the trail and it’s flow but he decided that like a cold pen1s he would retract from the situation and ride off, bet he does the same in a car too!

Now come on man if you don’t want to meet another rider head for a trail centre or the country but it’s not cool to be like this on the trails, also if you want to gob off please be happy to talk about it.

I hope you read this and post the video if it was recording oh and about 20 meteres after he said it the big new sign was in front of me saying left long loop or right short loop……

Rant over, happy riding people!

br
    Free Member

You should’ve shouted back ‘Elite rider coming through!’ 😉

tbh I hadn’t realised there was a ‘right’ way anywhere in Swinley.

nopunk
    Free Member

It would be a good idea from them to mark it up one way particularly after all the effort of making it. At the moment it is not very clear and kind of ruins it having to stop and let people past etc.

_tom_
    Free Member

discuss the trail and it’s flow

😀

viv
    Free Member

I met a guy coming through that trail once, he was coming downhill, me up, both a decent pace, he skidded and we ended up shoulder to shoulder, helmets (cranial crash protections before your smirk) touching, and I took his full weight on me whilst his bike lifted up behind him, saved the guy from an OTB….. we both had a chuckle and rode on*

*my solicitors are awaiting his acknowledgement of liability**

** joking

GaryBanham
    Free Member

From speaking to other (BOB) club members who maintain Swinley if you sign post it you then have other insurance issues should people get hit going the wrong way etc, not sure on this however it does make sense although I’d love to know somebody isn’t coming round the bend when I am giving it some beans 🙂

zippykona

My friend broke a collar bone in a bike on bike incident.
    Who knows what is around that oh so sweet corner

scu98rkr
    Free Member

not very helpful but’ i reckon you were going the right way.

There are a couple of stone jumps and you can only do them the way you were going.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Forest – Stickler, today AM….. (rant)’ is closed to new replies.