Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Swinley forest cameraman in the bushes
  • smatkins1
    Free Member

I keep seeing the same man lurking in the undergrowth at the side of the trail in Swinley Forest. Posh camera, big lens!

He takes a picture of everyone when they pass. He’s not very sly, he had a tripod the first time I saw him!

Who is he and what is he up to?

I would stop and ask him but I always pass him at full pelt and don’t want to break my flow. Just seen him again this afternoon!

belugabob
    Free Member

It’s a speed camera, but you don’t have to worry about getting a fine in the post 😉

thepurist

Does he turn up in a red Fiesta and take note of all the expensive bikes he sees regularly?

Scapegoat

I think he was possibly a photographer from your description of him. As for what he was doing….

Teetosugars
    Free Member

but I always pass him at full pelt and don’t want to break my flow

😆

We really should get a Bulshit bingo card made for here…

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

It’s a wild guess,…but maybe he’s taking action photo’s of people riding, will then upload to a website where you can search by date, and then purchase the image of you on a bike?

faz083
    Free Member

It’s a wild guess,…but maybe he’s taking action photo’s of people riding, will then upload to a website where you can search by date, and then purchase the image of you on a bike?

If this was sarcasm then it wasn’t very good. I can’t say that I’ve ever seen people do that other than at organised events…

nwill1
    Free Member

Some grown ups like riding their bikes in the woods, some like taking photos of said grown ups riding their bikes in the woods, each to their own!

davosaurusrex

There was one at BPW yesterday with a website address (Airshotz) on a board at the end of the trail. Saw (her I think) on rim dinger and willy waver. Given the volume of traffic I wasn’t suprised.

oldnick

Practicing before trying his hand at an event? Or this months photography club subject is ‘asthmatics in the woods’?

Not going to get better reading how to do it on a forum is he? 😉

Twin
    Free Member

faz083 – Member

If this was sarcasm then it wasn’t very good. I can’t say that I’ve ever seen people do that other than at organised events…

You need to get out more…

tonyg2003

Maybe it was the same guys that one if the ladies that rides with us came across during a Swinley solo night ride. According to her he was just wearing a coat and “was pleased to see her”. Cue her sprint training!

amplebrew

A number of years ago I was at Coed-y-Brenin when I got chatting to another mountain bike rider in the car park before setting off.

He said that he was going for a ride out as well and he ended up going around with myself. He took a few pictures whilst riding around and then said that he’d send them through to me on e-mail.

A few days later I got the said e-mail with some tiny pictures attached water marked with a copyright logo and a link of how I could purchase them 😯

rene59
    Free Member

That Airshotz site is a bad idea. Hope no-one gets caught for going biking when they sacked off a visit to the inlaws ‘cos they had to go to “work” or something.

davosaurusrex

How many bosses are going to think “that rene is a lazy bugger, likes his bikes, think I’ll google some mountain bike photography websites and then sift through the images to see if he happened to be at trail centre X on day Y”. More likely “that rene is a lazy bugger, think I’ll sack him after I finish this round of golf”.

davosaurusrex

And I didn’t read your post properly. But inlaws searching MTB photography websites because you dodged another liver and onions brunch invite strikes me as even less likely.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Swinley forest cameraman in the bushes’ is closed to new replies.