Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Swinley conditions
  • singletracksurfer

Planning on going with the family tomorrow and hope to sneak off for a bit (ssshhhhhh).

Weathers looking nice but I know the singletrack has been suffering – does it need time to recover still and I just stick to the resistence (towing children) training?!

mk1fan
    Free Member

Was frozen solid last week which probably means a quaqmire this week.

Am going on Thursday next week if you fancy a ride. Starting at 10:30am.

soobalias
    Free Member

it will be horrific this weekend.

singletracksurfer

Thanks, resistence training it is then. 😳
    Might have a quick look and report back.

Can't do during the week/day usually, but hope to do a night ride there again soon.

cinnamon_girl

Was over there this morning and it was dreadful. Filming is still causing inconvenience with some single track being closed off. Parking was a nightmare with mums squeezing their kiddie-carriers into tight spaces 🙄

Only rode for a little bit then my friend and I went for a cuppa and a natter!

theotherjonv

After a night ride there last night, I'd recommend something like this on the rear…..

If you have to go, i'd suggest fireroads and the pisted trails only, and even then only if you don't mind axle deep splashing through the bombholes on stickler.

billysan
    Free Member

After a couple of hours there last night I came to the conclusion that I really shouldnt have bothered. Its just one big mud bath at the moment. Even the hard packed 'dry' trails are hard going in places.

singletracksurfer

ah shucks.

Blooming filming crew still there too!
    I was there with my little'un on his bike. We moved aside for a 4×4 who decided the best way to pass was to accelerate at us and go very close. Wife had to stop me taking pursuit. 😡

Ah well, fireroads it is then – I take it these are still ok!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Swinley conditions’ is closed to new replies.