Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Swinley conditions
  • Mattie_H
    Free Member

Does anyone know what the trails at Swinley are like at the moment? Heading down there on Sunday and wondering what to expect.

Thanks
    Matt

cakerider

On Monday the trails were wet but rideable, the fireroads on the other hand were icy and only partially rideable

thepurist

I was out for a quick tour yesterday morning – the hardpack stuff is fine, but the rain & melting snow/ice means there’s a lot of big puddles around and some of the wetter trails are well mushy & probably best avoided. There was still some snow & ice left to melt too so it’s not going to improve in a hurry.

Squirrel

Rode there this morning. Some frozen and OK, lots of huge puddles, mostly iced over. A fair bit of mud on the “unsurfaced” trails. All-in-all not too bad considering the recent weather. I think they might be forecasting more rain before the weekend though…. 🙄

cinnamon_girl

Hello. I popped over there this afternoon (but please keep it to yourself as I have gone against medical advice). Was very surprised to see some white stuff still around. Yes, it’s very wet although there was the odd bit of trail which was reasonable.

First time on the bike for a month and I’ve been climbing the walls/venting my spleen on here so it was either the bike or Prozac.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Swinley conditions’ is closed to new replies.