Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Swinley – blue and red route height gain
  • ononeorange

Does anyone happen to know the height gained on the blue and red routes at swinley? I rode the blue twice and red once at the weekend and garmin reckons it’s a measly 550 feet! No way! I was tireder than that!

Cheers

frogstomp

Sounds a bit stingy.. phone or GPS? A lot of trees so there’ll be a fair amount of filling in the gaps going on..

From my Strava tracks (Garmin 500) it reckons Blue/Red as around 1000ft and Blue on its own as about 350 ft.

ononeorange

It was on my (new) garmin 220 GPS watch. I reckoned it was the trees – your figures sound more like it, many thanks.

Sundayjumper

I’ve got blue & red as 278m from a ride last year. Garmin 500.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Yep, I only get about 550 ft of climbing for a lap of the blue and red. It always seems to knacker me out as well.

njee20
    Free Member

My Strava says 1800ft for blue/red/blue, which seems too much to me 😕

Metasequoia

357m for me.

Legoman
    Free Member

Got several Strava records on my iPhone, all between 573 and 625 ft

Higher ones probably include a bit of mucking about in the jump gulley!

deadkenny
    Free Member

You do know Swinley is basically flat as? You want climb in the South East, go to the Surrey Hills 😛

Note that Strava will adjust the climb details based on known elevation data, though takes a while post ride to adjust. If your gadget has a barometer it might favour that, though those can be miscalibrated. It will ignore GPS altitudes though as the GPS system is not accurate at all with altitudes.

My Garmin has a barometric altimeter and usually gives just under 1000 feet.

njee20
    Free Member

My Garmin with barometric altimeter seems to consistently under read compared to Strava/3 previous devices with barometric altimeters. Although the height seems right it’s like it only logs some of it as distance climbed, very odd. Definitely not infallible!

1000ft for both feels reasonable, it’s basically flat!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Swinley – blue and red route height gain’ is closed to new replies.